After importing and editing a nif in blender, and exporting to .obj, when importing the obj file into nifskope nothing will show up

F3LLA22

Trying to import an .obj file into a tool that reads .nif files. The file should be exported as a .nif file.

exporting it as a nif doesn't work either. It just gives me weird errors, two windows open when I try to open the nif it says

Warnings were generated during reading of the nif file

Infinite recursive link construct detected

and

Nif file could not be read

failed to load block number 13 (NiTriShapeData) previous block was NiSourceTexture

Edited by F3LLA22

As far as I understand it, nifskope can't properly generate the right headers (maybe?) when importing .obj objects, so you need to start with some .nif already open to replace it.

Try this.

open up a different gun in nifskope (or could be any asset really - something simple)

Make sure that it is selected - just click on it in the renderer. then try to import your modded weapon.

Nifskope will tell you that you have a "NItrishape selected. The first imported mesh will replace the second one." - or something like that.

click ok, browse to your .obj file. Maybe you see something :)

Watch out for scaling and XYZ issues here. might need to scale up the export.

As far as I understand it, nifskope can't properly generate the right headers (maybe?) when importing .obj objects, so you need to start with some .nif already open to replace it.

Try this.

open up a different gun in nifskope (or could be any asset really - something simple)

Make sure that it is selected - just click on it in the renderer. then try to import your modded weapon.

Nifskope will tell you that you have a "NItrishape selected. The first imported mesh will replace the second one." - or something like that.

click ok, browse to your .obj file. Maybe you see something :smile:

Watch out for scaling and XYZ issues here. might need to scale up the export.

That seems to have worked, but it imports all as one mesh. I needed to open the mesh in blender because I wanted to edit it. Although I could just export the edited parts only. I think thats what I'll do. Thanks! Ill see if it works