City of Scum

nightinglae850

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for picking this up

I look forward to making this a reality. Well, at least a digital reality xD. Since this mod was your idea in the first place I will give your ideas equal priority to my own, when (and if) I get around to building the mod.

Hey im no modder so your ideas come first. Mine are mostly visual like what the tavern would look like and the basic outline of the population and npcs there. maybe have a ship wreck on a far side of the island that people wont go near becuase its haunted by the ghosts of dead pirates. I think it will be cool if a lost imperial ship finds the Port so pirates and bandits have to ban together to kill them all or risk one of them telling skyrim the location of the island.

If possible I would like a big pirate ship with sails sitting in the docks, one similar to LordKarnaks "Pirates of the Pacific" mod.

Heres his mod

but yea your the boss here.

This sounds amazing! would be a perfect place for almost any character, from the sneaky thieves trying to blend in with the rabble, the hulking warrior who feels there isn't enough mead and fighting in his normal drinking holes, and even the holy than though priests, visiting the island to help the no doubt many beggers.

Just going to throw in with an idea here to if that's okay? Just a simple idea, maybe the tavern is were a Jarls long house would normally be, sort of front and centre at the highest point, since I imagine it would hold some importance? Maybe call it something like "The Stinkin' Rose" in referance to Sanguine?

@nightinglae850: If any conflicts occur between your ideas and my own, I will let my ideas take precedence. Otherwise, any ideas you come up with will be ideas that I don't have to invent, which saves me time and effort.

I have a rough map of the island made. It's too crude to post here though =P.

The island, which is about 1600ft x 1600ft (at the farthest points, it obviously isn't square!), is fairly unremarkable, except for the bay on the south. A small mountain/volcano resides in the middle of the island, and much of the outer edge of the island is cliffs. The "town" if you will, which is still unnamed, is on the inside of the bay. Other than that, not many other details yet.

@HatterMaster: Aye, I plan on placing the tavern right smack dab in the middle of the town. I like the reference to sanguine idea, I was thinking something fairly crude should be used for the tavern's name. Feel free to keep ideas coming!

Edited by Xion209

And wake up the next morning, outside the tavern with all your belongings including your clothes gone with the wind, and your face being used by skeevers as a chew-toy? Count me out, but maybe some poor sucker named Dovahkiin will fall for it xD! Edited by Xion209

@Xion209 I like the layout, maybe the mountain will make the island warm as opposed to a frozen rock pile so you can add trees where you want. since most nords dont expect a warm island up north combined with the mist around it, makes the island well hidden.

@HatterMaster haha I like your idea but instead of Sanguine maybe Velehk Sain? he is a demora pirate after all, the one from the rings quest in the college of winterhold... AND is the subject of the book Pirate King of the Abecean. soooo maybe call it the "In Sain Inn" XD

Also one thing that would be really cool is if a courier gives you a letter from Karliah, with directions on how to get to the island. Could be one of her hiding spots over the years, when she was on the run, and lets you know about it since you are a member of the nightingales.