Custom Nif from nifskope Crashing in Fallout 4 Creation Kit when setting to Static Object

lyosea

I should also say that if I load the mesh at all in creation kit it crashes whether it's a static or not. But I'll try and see about the poly count being changed and all and checking out 3dsmax if I am able to.

So I just got 3dsmax 2018 and was wondering before I export the file I wanted do I need to use nifskope at all or can I export it right to the fallout 4 folder.

It does not work with 2018 as far as I know.

The NIF plugin only works with 2013 (and maybe 2014 ...? Not sure ...).

This is the tutorial that I used to get started with custom static stuff:

So I just got 3dsmax 2018 and was wondering before I export the file I wanted do I need to use nifskope at all or can I export it right to the fallout 4 folder.

It does not work with 2018 as far as I know.

The NIF plugin only works with 2013 (and maybe 2014 ...? Not sure ...).

This is the tutorial that I used to get started with custom static stuff:

Is there any possible way you could give me a copy of 3dsmax or tell me anyway to get it? I've been looking for hours to find a copy of 2013 or 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got this to work with making a model in blender, then exporting the model as a fbx, importing the fbx into 3DSMAX 2013 then following this video ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SssqMofI_Y&t=254s on how to export the model properly from 3dsmax 2013. Then put the model through the program elrich in the tools folder in the fallout directory, then open the processed file from elrich into nifskope and finally texturing the model.