Stop asking us to buy premium

Paulicus1

Just wanted to add my voice against the constant requests to buy premium every time I download a file from this site. It's very annoying, user-unfriendly, and aggressive. I'd expect something like this from an anonymous third-party site, not here. I'm very disappointed to see the Nexus moving in this direction, and I refuse to support the site financially as long as this is the type of marketing tactics it stoops to. I will be advising my friends in the same way.

Please remove this annoying banner, or at least make it only appear occasionally!

Edited by Pickysaurus
Deleted link to dodgy script

The banner and slow download speeds seem to me to be a reasonable trade off for free access to the hundreds of thousands of mods available here.

Not to mention the availability of free troubleshooting advice.

All you have to do is ask a question and have some patience and usually someone will be able to help you.

You can always go to another site for your mods since you find this one so annoying.

Edited by M48A5

Just gonna point out that if more people paid for the service the site wouldn't even need ads. If a consistent number of users actually paid monthly for ths site Robbin would be able to remove a lot of the restrictions and inconvenience parts of the site. Well at least according to a recent post he made

They should find another way to incentivize people to sign up, this kind of obtrusive advert is absurd and unbecoming of the Nexus. I realize the site requires money but I'd rather they sell premium on it's own merits, rather than badgering us to sign up with every download. Speeds are already capped.

They should find another way to incentivize people to sign up, this kind of obtrusive advert is absurd and unbecoming of the Nexus. I realize the site requires money but I'd rather they sell premium on it's own merits, rather than badgering us to sign up with every download. Speeds are already capped.

You have to click a few more times. You'll live.

Not going to happen. There are over twenty million members and only a small minority are annoyed by the ads.

Learn to live with it or go somewhere else for your mods. It's just that simple.

I realize the site requires money but I'd rather they sell premium on it's own merits, rather than badgering us to sign up with every download.

"Sell premium on its own merits." Sounds interesting. In order to "sell premium on its own merits" without offending anyone's sensibilities, what would you yourself propose as a workable plan with a proven track record?

I realize the site requires money but I'd rather they sell premium on it's own merits, rather than badgering us to sign up with every download.

"Sell premium on its own merits." Sounds interesting. In order to "sell premium on its own merits" without offending anyone's sensibilities, what would you yourself propose as a workable plan with a proven track record?

Let's take a guess.. "NO PREMIUM ADVERTISMENT PLS FREE UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD I DESERVE IT"

Guest deleted34304850

Just wanted to add my voice against the constant requests to buy premium every time I download a file from this site. It's very annoying, user-unfriendly, and aggressive. I'd expect something like this from an anonymous third-party site, not here. I'm very disappointed to see the Nexus moving in this direction, and I refuse to support the site financially as long as this is the type of marketing tactics it stoops to. I will be advising my friends in the same way.

Please remove this annoying banner, or at least make it only appear occasionally!

I'd just like to ask the OP, given the many, many threads on this theme that have been posted, and their success rate is zero, what makes you think your post will have an effect all the others didn't? Is it your language skills? Is it your persuasiveness? Is it the lame-a$$ threat to not support a site you're not supporting?

Pray tell.