[LE] Question about Tes5Edit.

I will be as short as I can.

I always use Tes5Edit but only for cleaning mods and i never did really research too much it's functions.

I cleaned my mod with the v 3.6 (i think that's the version, i'm not in front of my pc right now), it found "0" records and clean "0" records.

Then.

I clean the the same esp again, but this time with the latest vesion of Tes5Edit v 4.0.3 which it has now only the 'Automatic Clean' process,

* I search / read every video and the Tes5Edit documentation and found nothing regarding this, plus they all say / write that this process is far better than the previous ones.

it again found "0" records and clean "0" records, but when it finished the esp shrink in size from 5.647mb to 5.335mb... ?.

Then i start doing some mod test to see if there is something missing in the mod, but closely and carefully checking every cell for any missing meshes, actors, activators, functions... etc (in game) is time consuming and is a process that i had already done countless times to ensure that everything is running as intended.

I started yesterday and in 2 days i have done only 6 cells out of around 40, everything is fine till now and i'm thinking to publish the mod sometime today with the esp cleaned by v 4.0.3 Tes5Edit because i can't do this once more again... i'm too tired... and my brain is not fresh enough right now to actually detect/remember everything.

Is this normal ? does Tes5Edit compress the esp ? is this something i should be worry about ?.

* That's why i hate 'automations', i want to know how and what a program it's doing and not just press a button and be done with it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by maxarturo

I noticed this with Version 4, about 4 Mb lost, when I tried it on my worldspace mod; but it also came up with a 100's of landscape and navmesh errors that Version 3 didn't and I couldn't see why. I Don't trust what I don't know so I stuck with Version 3

Hi agerweb.

So i'm not the only one with this issue.

I was and still am too tired to run more tests and yesterday i went ahead and publish the mod with the Tes5Edit v 4 cleaned esp.

Meanwhile, i'll keep running some test, but this time whenever i'm not tired and in the mood for it.

It's not going to compress your esp but it will remove redundancies. I tend to use Tes5Edit the whole time I'm editing a mod. With several trips to the editor. Tool has always been a must to me. Like Agerweb I too noticed the new version was sighting things the old version didn't. So I too stuck with the former.

Edited by NexusComa2