USSEP suggestions

baloney8sammich

Note: I originally made this as a post in the USSEP file topic thread, but something about the content broke the display of other comments on the mod's Posts tab. The only reason this thread exists is so I can link to it from there.

I'd like to suggest a fix be added to the patch:

In Skyrim.esm, the LVLI record

LItemSpellTomes75Alteration [LVLI:000A272F]

is different to similar records for the other schools (e.g. LItemSpellTomes75Conjuration [LVLI:000A2736]) in the following ways:

• Chance None is 100
  • It references the GLOB "PCAlterationExpert [GLOB:000F2585]"

So it seems that LItemSpellTomes75Alteration should be changed to bring it in line with the rest.

I'd also like to point out an inconsistency in Dragonborn.esm:

Dragonborn.esm has the LVLI record

DLC2LItemSpellTomes50MixedSkillsGated [LVLI:04028570]

which references LVLIs from Skyrim.esm

LItemSpellTomes50Alteration [LVLI:000A2735]
LItemSpellTomes50Conjuration [LVLI:000A2730]
<etc>

It also has the LVLI record

DLC2LItemSpellTomes75MixedSkillsGated [LVLI:0402857B]

which references its own LVLIs

DLC2LItemSpellTomes75Alteration [LVLI:04028576]
DLC2LItemSpellTomes75Conjuration [LVLI:04028577]
<etc>

Dragonborn does contain level 50 versions of the LVLIs (e.g. DLC2LItemSpellTomes50Alteration [LVLI:04028571]) but they are unused.

The difference between the Dragonborn lists and the Skyrim lists is that the former are all "Chance None" 100 and each references a GLOB relevant to the school and level (e.g. DLC2LItemSpellTomes50Alteration references "PCAlterationAdept [GLOB:000F2584]").

I'm not sure I understand the consequences of the differences between the respective LVLIs, so I don't know which of these would be the correct solution:

• Change DLC2LItemSpellTomes50MixedSkillsGated to reference the Dragonborn lists, or
  • Change DLC2LItemSpellTomes75MixedSkillsGated to reference the Skyrim lists