skyrim se mod conflict combat script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KevinDAmery

KevinDAmery

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 482 posts

I'm having a Main-Quest-Breaking issue with Alduin after returning from the time wound with Dragonrend. Alduin will not aggro, and when I hit him with Dragonrend he just keeps flying around. I can confirm I am hitting him because he gets the blue glow effect, but it's not forcing him to land. Also, regardless of what I hit him with (Dragonrend or arrows) his health bar never shows up. 

So far, I have tried the following without success:

• Reload from an earlier save
  • Remove mods that affect dragons 
  • Clean the save file using Fallrim tools
  • Fast travel between High Hrothgar and TotW
  • Use console on Alduin to resetai, disable, enable, force hostile
  • Sort load order using LOOT

My guess is something is interfering with the script to transition Alduin out of dialog mode into combat mode. I have no idea what, though, or how to identify it. I can't see anything in XEdit that would be causing this (although that's probably more because of limitations in my modding knowledge than anything else -- I don't know how to recognize what I need to fix). 

Current Load Order:

Spoiler

Here is a snippet that I believe covers the last part of the cut scene where you learn Dragonrend followed by me attempting to engage Alduin in battle. 

Spoiler

EDIT: the dragon related mods I was using but have disabled during troubleshooting are:

• Serio's Enhanced Dragons Redone
  • Deadly Dragons - Loremonger
  • Serio's patch for the above pair
  • Dragon Animation Replace in Special Edition
  • Dragon Remains (Updated)
  • The dragon stalking fix from Bugfix Compilation

Any and all help appreciated. 

KevinDAmery

KevinDAmery

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 482 posts
I still have not had any success in solving this issue. 

• I went through all of the Packages, NPC records, and Quest Aliases in Xedit. This didn't turn up anything, as pretty much all of them were unchanged from vanilla.
  • While doing the above, I found that The Paarthurnax Dilemma and Bugfix Compilation made some edits to (surprise surprise) Paarthurnax and Alduin, so I tried removing them.

At this point I am completely mystified and can't think of anything else to try. What's especially baffling is Google doesn't come up with anyone else having had this problem. Somehow I'm the only person in the world who is getting this. 

KevinDAmery

KevinDAmery

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 482 posts

Ok, I finally figured it out (whew!). The cause is the encounter zone mods I had installed (Arena and MEZF - Missing Encounter Zones FIXED). Once I disabled those two, Alduin starts fighting properly. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim se, mod conflict, combat, script

Page loaded in: 1.078 seconds