Open Community  ·  10 members

Far Cry

Some things I'm trying to do, but have little-to-no clue on how to

404UserNotFound

Weapon Statistics Modification

No idea where to look for this. I know how to modify the stat displays in the Shop, but that doesn't physically change the weapons' stats. The reason I ask is in regards to the next thing I'm trying to do, which you can read about below. I'm trying to create a custom weapon from scratch, but I also want to mess with the stats of the base game's weapons. Can't seem to find any info on how to modify this stuff.

Creating A New Weapon From Scratch

I have a pretty good idea of how to accomplish this, via making duplicate copies of weapon files for the shop (what I've been trying is making copies of the SVD Sniper Rifle's XML files, renaming them to "Destroyer", then creating the proper linkage in the Shops' XML files to display this "Destroyer" weapon. The only issue I've had thus far is certain things in the XML files for my new weapon such as "disId", "locidItemNameId", "locidDescriptionId" and any other fields in the XML files that display an integer. I'm not sure what to set these things as.

I want to create a custom description for the weapon, and a custom Wiki entry as well which looks to be hard because the Wiki entry XML's are just BinHash, so a combo of letters and numbers that I can't deciper. Obviously my custom sniper rifle will be using the SVD rifle's existing images, as well as its model and materials and such, just with edited stats. I just want to make sure that upon equipping this "Destroyer" weapon, it doesn't conflict with the SVD or cause game crashes and such.

Minimap Icons

Trying to permanently enable every minimap icon so that the minimap shows all the radio tower locations, all the various things that the maps you can purchase in the Shop would display, and even things such as locations of plants which appear to be a toggleable option on the minimap's legend, but they are greyed out.

Any help whatsoever would be awesome.

Actually, statistics is only VISUAL. So the thing you're talking about is properties. And if you want to change weapon properties, you should looking for the folder with same name. It's located inside the entitylibrary.fcb files.

1. You can not create custom description for the weapon as long as we're still unable to edit oasisstrings.bin where the all description located.

2. You can also read oasisstring.xml which located nearby, where you can get you locidItemNameId (which is name of the item) and locidDescriptionId (which is description of the item) for your future new gun

3. disId is very unique item inshop ID so you should just find free one and set it to your new weapon.

4. Actually your "Destroyer" is same duplicated SVD. This is not new gun. You're need at leas 3 files to made it truly unique:

• inshop new file item in the shoppingitems/sniper rifles

• weapon entity file in the entitylibrary/weapons

• weapon properties file in the entitylibrary/weaponproperties

If you'll do all these steps, you'll got brand new svd-based gun (such as bushman is p416-based gun and so on) which you will be free to add the the shop just like signature weapon

P.S.:No deal with minimaps

P.P.S.:I know what you're thinking of. And no, editing oasistrings.xml won't do the trick. Nothing will changed inngame.

Edited by inakrin

Actually, statistics is only VISUAL. So the thing you're talking about is properties. And if you want to change weapon properties, you should looking for the folder with same name. It's located inside the entitylibrary.fcb files.

Yeah, as I said in my post, I know the stats on the shop is visual only. Thanks for the info though on where to find the actual stats.

1. You can not create custom description for the weapon as long as we're still unable to edit oasisstrings.bin where the all description located.

2. You can also read oasisstring.xml which located nearby, where you can get you locidItemNameId (which is name of the item) and locidDescriptionId (which is description of the item) for your future new gun

3. disId is very unique item inshop ID so you should just find free one and set it to your new weapon.

4. Actually your "Destroyer" is same duplicated SVD. This is not new gun. You're need at leas 3 files to made it truly unique:

• inshop new file item in the shoppingitems/sniper rifles

• weapon entity file in the entitylibrary/weapons

• weapon properties file in the entitylibrary/weaponproperties

If you'll do all these steps, you'll got brand new svd-based gun (such as bushman is p416-based gun and so on) which you will be free to add the the shop just like signature weapon

Ok:

1. Damn, that sucks.

2. Good to know.

3. Ahh, also good to know.

4. Yes....I know my files are just duplicated SVD files...and I'm pretty sure I know the 3 files needed....you've restated what I said in my post; I started out by duplicating the files for the SVD, and renaming them to Destroyer, as I said above, then anything inside the XML files that called for "SVD.xml", I changed to "Destroy.xml". That part I figured out. It was just the IDs for in the shop that threw me off, because I want to make it a Signature weapon and not mess with the SVD. I've made sure that the Destroyer XML files don't call any info for the SVD other than the wiki description, etc, etc. But the info you posted is very helpful indeed, so I'm good with this.

P.S.:No deal with minimaps

f***.

P.P.S.:I know what you're thinking of. And no, editing oasistrings.xml won't do the trick. Nothing will changed inngame.

Double f***.

I do thank you for the information though, it's incredibly helpful to a newbie like me. I've already figured out on my own, how to increase the cost of things you sell in the store (though not on a per-item basis, it's mainly this bonus you get depending on some rank or difficulty thing...I forget what it was), as well as how to modify every crafting recipe to only require 1 Blue Leaf (which allowed me to craft everything in the game quite quickly).

I even figured out how to unpack a mod from this site's patch.dat, combine it with some modifications I did, and pack it all up into a common.dat :D

Edited by 404UserNotFound

No promises, but i'll see if I can make a tutorial for adding new guns.

I was gonna do that myself, but because I haven't actually added in a new gun yet, I haven't made a tutorial.

I just want to do two things:

1. Make a handgun, shotgun, assault rifle and sniper rifle that all have maxed out stats and can one-hit kill anything, and also have enormous clips.

2. Look into the possibility of making a gun that looks like a pistol, but fires like an SMG/Assault Rifle (maybe an AK-47 replacement that uses the Cannon pistol's model, that would be cool)

No promises, but i'll see if I can make a tutorial for adding new guns.

Do that, and you'll be drowning in kudo's! :thumbsup:

*Adds topic to watchlist :happy:

Ok so I found the entitylibrary.fcb file, unpacked it and found the files. I'm sitting here looking at two different SVD.xml files, not exactly sure what to change to increase the damage to the level of a one-hit kill.

This appears to be the statistics:

common\Far Cry 3\data_win32\common_unpack\worlds\fc3_main\generated\entitylibrary_converted\WeaponProperties\FC3\SVD.xml

This appears to be the model/material information:

common\Far Cry 3\data_win32\common_unpack\worlds\fc3_main\generated\entitylibrary_converted\weapons\FC3\SVD.xml

I can already see that if I was to swap this line in the model/material information xml:

<field name="text_ModelPath" type="String">graphics\__fc3_graphics\_common\weapons\svd\svd.xbg</field>

With the same line from another gun, I could potentially make a weird "pistol that fires like a sniper rifle" gun.

I also found lines relating to "reliability":

<field name="fUnjamTime" type="Float32">1</field>
<field name="selJamType" type="Enum">Jam</field>
<field name="iClipsForSelfDestruct" type="Int32">240</field>
<field name="bIsIndestructible" type="Boolean">True</field>
<field name="bIsBreakable" type="Boolean">False</field>
<field name="fForcedReliability" type="Float32">0</field>
<field name="fInitialJamCounter" type="Float32">0</field>
<field name="iJamBulletThreshold" type="Int32">0</field>
<field name="iDudBulletThreshold" type="Int32">0</field>
<field name="iSafeClipsAfterUnjam" type="Int32">1</field>

<object name="Reliability">
 <field name="fJamProbabilityPerReload" type="Float32">0</field>
 <field name="fMaxReliability" type="Float32">1</field>
</object>

I have read that in FC2, weapons could jam or blow up, and it seems like the "fJamProbabilityPerReload" line is always set to 0 for every weapon. We could potentially bring back weapon jamming. I'm going to mess around with these lines on the SVD, and see what I can accomplish.

Here's my modifications that I'm going to try, for the SVD:

<!-- Leaving these alone --><field name="fUnjamTime" type="Float32">1</field>
<field name="selJamType" type="Enum">Jam</field>
<field name="iClipsForSelfDestruct" type="Int32">240</field>

<!-- Originally True, set to false so it is destructable -->
<field name="bIsIndestructible" type="Boolean">False</field>

<!-- Originally False, set to true so it is breakable -->
<field name="bIsBreakable" type="Boolean">True</field>

<!-- Not sure what this is, set it to 1 because whatever. -->
<field name="fForcedReliability" type="Float32">1</field>

<!-- Not sure what this is, keeping it at 0 because whatever. -->
<field name="fInitialJamCounter" type="Float32">0</field>

<!-- Not sure what these are, set them to 1 because whatever. -->
<field name="iJamBulletThreshold" type="Int32">1</field>
<field name="iDudBulletThreshold" type="Int32">1</field>

<!-- Not sure what this is, keeping it at 1 because whatever. -->
<field name="iSafeClipsAfterUnjam" type="Int32">1</field>

<object name="Reliability">
<!-- No clue what "Float32" is, so I'm just setting these to values as if they were in % -->
 <field name="fJamProbabilityPerReload" type="Float32">35</field>
 <field name="fMaxReliability" type="Float32">70</field>
</object>

EDIT: Just found the lines for damage:

<object name="Damage">
 <object name="HitLocationMultiplier">
   <field name="fHeadDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">2</field>
   <field name="fTorsoDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fLegsDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
 </object>
 <object name="MultiplayerHitLocationMultiplier">
   <field name="fHeadDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fNeckDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fChestDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fAbdomenDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fArmDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fHandDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
   <field name="fLegsDamageMultiplier" type="Float32">1</field>
 </object>
</object>

I think increasing each line to like, 500 would be good enough to accomplish making a 1-hit kill weapon.

Edited by 404UserNotFound