If the certificate is exactly what I said it should be and it says "Connection is secure", the problem is probably not an active AV, VPN or anything like that, but maybe some other outdated application on your system.

First, please make sure you're running Vortex as a regular user. That is: When you start it you shouldn't get a "User Access Control" dialog.

This next part is unfortunately quite involved, I'm trying to provide exact step-by-step instructions.

- Then, get "Process Explorer" from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer . It requires no installation, just extract and run it, Also run Vortex.

- Inside Process Explorer, from the menu bar, select "View" and enable "Show Lower Pane". Also in View -> Lower Pane View, set it to "DLLs".

- Now in the list of processes (upper half of the window), find Vortex (You can sort the list by clicking on the Process column if necessary). You'll find several Vortex processes, look at the one with the +/- button to very left, select it (If you're unsure, repeat the rest of these instructions for each Vortex Process)

- In the bottom half of the window you now see all the shared library Vortex loads. There should be one column called "Path". If not, right-click the header of the table, click "Select Columns...", enable "Path"

- Click the Column Header "Path" to sort the list by the path containing the library.

You can ignore all libraries where the path starts with one of the following:

- c:\windows

- c:\programdata\microsoft\windows

- c:\program files\WindowsApps

- c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex

- C:\program files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex (or wherever you've installed Vortex to)

All others (if there are any) you should take a closer look and see if you recognize what application they are from (Also check the Description and Company column). Those libraries were installed by their application globally and they are now affecting Vortex's functionality. There are very few cases where this is "wanted". Those applications you may want to check for updates or get rid of. If you're unsure, please let us know which libraries you found.

When I manual download it seems to fail. Which is weird because I can download from other places and I can download on steam/other things without any problems.

Wait, it failed? What error message do you get?

I am using firefox it just says falied after I download

If the certificate is exactly what I said it should be and it says "Connection is secure", the problem is probably not an active AV, VPN or anything like that, but maybe some other outdated application on your system.

First, please make sure you're running Vortex as a regular user. That is: When you start it you shouldn't get a "User Access Control" dialog.

This next part is unfortunately quite involved, I'm trying to provide exact step-by-step instructions.

- Then, get "Process Explorer" from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer . It requires no installation, just extract and run it, Also run Vortex.

- Inside Process Explorer, from the menu bar, select "View" and enable "Show Lower Pane". Also in View -> Lower Pane View, set it to "DLLs".

- Now in the list of processes (upper half of the window), find Vortex (You can sort the list by clicking on the Process column if necessary). You'll find several Vortex processes, look at the one with the +/- button to very left, select it (If you're unsure, repeat the rest of these instructions for each Vortex Process)

- In the bottom half of the window you now see all the shared library Vortex loads. There should be one column called "Path". If not, right-click the header of the table, click "Select Columns...", enable "Path"

- Click the Column Header "Path" to sort the list by the path containing the library.

You can ignore all libraries where the path starts with one of the following:

- c:\windows

- c:\programdata\microsoft\windows

- c:\program files\WindowsApps

- c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex

- C:\program files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex (or wherever you've installed Vortex to)

All others (if there are any) you should take a closer look and see if you recognize what application they are from (Also check the Description and Company column). Those libraries were installed by their application globally and they are now affecting Vortex's functionality. There are very few cases where this is "wanted". Those applications you may want to check for updates or get rid of. If you're unsure, please let us know which libraries you found.

I have one thing in my local appdata but that seems to be the only thing outside of what you said should be in.

I have one thing in my local appdata but that seems to be the only thing outside of what you said should be in.

What is the "one thing" then?

Something in my windows local cache folder

3972279bd18b9a477ebb6da7571e19e7.png

It doesnt have the microsoft corpiration company name on it. Could this be the dodgy thing?

No, that's not problematic. But that check was mostly under the assumption that the problem affected Vortex exclusively anyway.

If your Firefox is affected too we're back to suspecting something global like the AV/Firewall. What baffles me is that the certificate is ok in the browser but then the download fails with an encryption error.

Not going to lie, at this point I'm fairly certain that at least one piece of information you gave is was wrong, this just doesn't add up.

Guest deleted34304850

I am of the thought that there is a dodgy certificate in play here. How that happened is anyone's guess. If it were me, I'd take a backup of the files on the system and do a reinstall of windows, in order to try and reset the system and its certificates back to working order.

If you have any kind of malware detection, I'd run that on your system to see what it says.

This guide can help you with looking at your certificates; https://www.venafi.com/education-center/ssl/how-to-check-ssl-certificate