Question about Morrowind Unarmored Skill?

lllJACKlll

Hello, I have recently been diving back into Morrowind, and wanted to enjoy the Unarmored class. However, after seeing a few videos, I've heard of a common glitch that the unarmored armor rating doesn't actually apply unless you're wearing at least one piece of actual armor. I was just wondering if this was true? I am playing on the most up to date version of Morrowind via Steam, but if anyone can confirm/deny this then it would be much appreciated.

I will note, that my armor rating DOES appear to be working, but the videos and things I've read have said that it still wont apply correctly. If this is the case, can anyone direct me to a low maintenance mod that might fix it?

Thanks.

Light armor is cloth mostly; shirt, trousers, robes, hooded robes, Leather shoes, leather boots are tougher light armor.

So if the shoes or boots you wear are leather; that's a medium armor, they are still rated as light in most uniformities of Light armor.

Cuffs on gloves or wrist guards can be made of cloth or leather rating it as light to medium depending on the rest of your armor.