Memory Fix not taking?

JackTheRipper1229

Hey everyone. I'm having issues with Skyrim CTD-ing on me a lot. I recently got a new desktop so I was excited to play again but now I can't go more than 10 minutes without either a freeze in a menu (usually selecting an item) or just random CTDs that occur without any warning or predictability. I have read that Skyrim kinda sucks at memory allocation and that there were fixes to allocate more memory and eliminate these random CTD issues. I installed SKSE and set the memory fix as instructed. I installed Memory Blocks log as well. I fire up Skyrim but these issues still persist. Not only that, but the Memory Log still has both blocks listed at 256 MB. Apparently this means the memory fix is not installed/working properly. What is causing this and if so how I can I correct this?

I am running through Mod Organizer, if that helps. I have sorted my mod load order with LOOT and cleaned the plugins that required cleaning.

I will post specs and load order if necessary but this seems more like a memory issue to me based on my research.

Assistance is greatly appreciated. I didn't shell out big bucks for a new, up to date computer only to have the same issues on my 10 year old laptop.