Changing to new computer bugs

CoochieHorse

So basically my dad has this laptop that he recently bought that was basically better than the laptop I'm using now (both made by HP) and for some reason mods that use NVSE (i.e. Just Hit Marker, Loot Menu, and Solid Project) wouldn't work for some reason. All my mods work fine on my current laptop, but the one my dad has just doesn't seem to work.

Maybe I missed something? Maybe I needed to put something into the Fallout.ini or FalloutCustom.ini files? I don't know, but can anyone suggest a solution?

Check NVSE and each of the plugins/mods to it for their VC++ Runtime library requirements. (You might need to check the comments page before you find it mentioned.) Typically they need older versions than the latest and were likely not installed at all on a new machine. The same issue applies to DirectX drivers.

-Dubious-

Check NVSE and each of the plugins/mods to it for their VC++ Runtime library requirements. (You might need to check the comments page before you find it mentioned.) Typically they need older versions than the latest and were likely not installed at all on a new machine. The same issue applies to DirectX drivers.

-Dubious-

Okay but before I go any further I need to ask.

So I have both JIP NVSE Plugin and MCM on both of my PCs

Say, I used for example the Just Hit Marker mod.

It'll always be in the Just Mods option in MCM.

But on this laptop the Just Mods category isn't there.

What would be the case for that?

I have the same set of mods on this and my other laptop, but the category just doesn't appear.

I tried using one of the older files for JIP but it still didn't work.

"User Interface (UI)" problems indicate you have changed XML files. This is often caused by an "install order" problem with more than one mod replacing or editing the same XML file. (MCM in particular is sensitive to this.) Please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article. (This takes some interpretation as applies to your situation. There are too many permutations for an "if A then B" type of guide. If you haven't encountered XML files before then the "TL;DR" section is not going to help by itself.)

-Dubious-

"User Interface (UI)" problems indicate you have changed XML files. This is often caused by an "install order" problem with more than one mod replacing or editing the same XML file. (MCM in particular is sensitive to this.) Please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article. (This takes some interpretation as applies to your situation. There are too many permutations for an "if A then B" type of guide. If you haven't encountered XML files before then the "TL;DR" section is not going to help by itself.)

-Dubious-

So I checked my mods (and tested NVSE with a pip boy mod) and I found out NVSE was completely fine.

Maybe it was something that had to do with JIP? or UIO?

Please, any piece of info can help.

-Dubious-

JIP does have an XML file but I don't know how to use it.

YOU don't use the XML file; it is used by the mod. What you have to do is install it in the correct order, and perhaps de-activate and re-activate the mod after you implement other XML files from other mods. Which is what that wiki article explains.

"Install order" is distinct from "load order", because it means the later installed mod can overwrite a file of the same name previously installed by an earlier mod without notice. This was common with XML files because they drive the UI, though most authors these days try to work around doing that. And that article explains some very specific instances of popular UI mods which do so, but are by no means the only ones which might. Once you understand the problem, then you have to apply the principle to any new UI affecting mods you install. Or give up one of the conflicting mods.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent