The fox

anjenthedog

Just curious., Throughout my game play, on five or six characters so far, I've noticed that foxes are (defacto) animal allies. They routinely lead me to hard to find objectives, point to enemy threats, and usually have little problem even being close by, unlike most of the beasts. (rabbits excepted, they're just clueless), and if I choose to follow one, it will, almost every time, lead me to some "event site" of one sort or another

Was this by design or just some coincidental delusion I'm having?

PS> a side note: has anyone embedded squirrels into their game and if so, were they worth the clocks?

Complete coincidence; there's nothing in fox AI or pathing that leads to specific places.

If you choose a completely random direction and keep walking, changing direction at random every so often, sooner or later you will hit on something happening somewhere.

Huh... Oh well, l suppose I'll keep living by my delusions then. The foxes have been very "good" to me and pointed me to quite a few locations that are off the beaten path and not so easy to find otherwise (ie without using TCL and floating my way up over obstacles and so forth, or using TFC for similar purpose, to find the "correct" path.)