How Does Load order work?

Odylarian

I am trying to get Witcher 3 to work but I think the load order needs tweaking. I am coming across some inconsistencies, so I am asking how does the load order work. I have several attachments that show: (1) I created a dependency that loads "mod_customlocalizationfix" AFTER "mod_friendlyHUD". (2) When you look at my load order, "Mod_customlocalizationfix" is loaded at priority 8, while "friendlyHUD" is loaded at 26. In Witcher, the lower priority loads first. (3) When you look at the script merger, "mod_customlocalizationfix" is bolded with "FriendlyHUD", which indicates it is loaded first.

So, my question is: Is the dependency working to load "Customlocalizationfix" AFTER "FriendlyHUD" or does the load order override my dependency? From looking at the script merger, it seems like "mod_customlocalizationfix" is loading first.

In answer to your inevitable questions: Yes, I did the deploy option in Vortex. Yes, I hit "refresh" in the Load order screen.

Thanks

Thank you for your response. I don't really care if Script merger keeps the same load order. That is not my concern here. I am asking what priority (load order) is the one that is used for the game? It is the Vortex Load order or the script merger load order or the deployment order. Script merger must read something to know what mods to BOLD in the program. Apparently, load priority is important to the script merger that is why you see bolded mods.

Are you using the script merger which is now part of Vortex, or running it separately?

If the later, you don't need to do that anymore.

Pickysaurus, I guess I am using the script merger that is part of Vortex because I keep getting the reminder to run it.

Funny you ask about script merger being "part of Vortex". Someone chided me for insinuating that Script merger was part of Vortex. They told me, "While it runs with Vortex is is not part of Vortex - it is a separate program done by a non-Vortex programmer." This was brought up when I suggested an enhancement with script merger in the Vortex forums. I was told I need to contact the programmer separately.