Backing up Mod Installation Using Vortex for an OS Reinstall?

RadoGamer

My question is not answered anywhere in the stickies or wiki that I could find.

I'm presently moving towards reinstalling my Windows 10 Pro and this is going to be a huge process because I have so much on my system.

One of the things I'm fortunate with is my games, mods and Vortex and it's folders are on a separate internal drive so they will remain intact. My question is, is it possible to create a Vortex Profile and use it to reinstall my mods after I get Steam reinstalled and pointed to my games?

Or, am i making it too complicated, and is there an easier way to do what I'm needing to do?

When you create a profile where is it saved and how?

Anyhow you get the gist of my situation, any advise or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Edited by RadoGamer

It's been answered several times in these forums though.

You need to back up your C:\users\<YOURNAME>\appdata\roaming\Vortex folder

That's where the important info is stored

Thank you very much, I appreciate the response, My system bricked during a system restore it hung up in the registry apparently a common issue with Win10 Pro, so I reinstalled a lot sooner than I expected, my drive was useless because the boot loader was corrupted so the installation media couldn't use it. So I had to take my spare drive and empty it out and use that, thankfully it worked and the drive with the games and vortex is fine. I placed my original drive in the external case and with some effort was able to access the data so this information you gave me is very useful. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and week.

J

Well it worked but not without some issues although the move went well and Vortex saw all my mods and with a tweak on location folders there were no major problems, the only thing I noticed was even though Vortex maintained the activated state of my mods, when I went to the plugin page all my plugins were in a deactivated state. So I simply reactivated them manually and things worked with out a hitch.

Thanks again.

Edited by RadoGamer

Well it worked but not without some issues although the move went well and Vortex saw all my mods and with a tweak on location folders there were no major problems, the only thing I noticed was even though Vortex maintained the activated state of my mods, when I went to the plugin page all my plugins were in a deactivated state. So I simply reactivated them manually and things worked with out a hitch.

Thanks again.

Pretty nice save, being able to recover your appdata folder.

Nice job :)