Help with a hunting type of mod.

SnakeSlippers

I'm working on a very custom made modded game and I would like to make a 90% realistic hunting mod for my game.

Doesn't have to be all the way realistic but something more than click on body, loot.

I used mods that beef up meat on animals. Made my own that adds a realistic amount of meat to all animals every time. I don't worry about magazines that add more meat. I remove those.

So I know how to add the items to a animal. I need help with.....

1. How do I turn a animal into a container or something like that? Like you need a knife or something before you can even loot an animal. That's my biggest thing right now I need figured out. I tried disassembling a mod that does that already but it had way too much other stuff and I couldn't figure it out.

2. Any hunters here that can give me a base list of items I could get from an animal while I'm out in the wastes. No matter the use. (Meat,Bones,Organs,Hide,Etc.). I'll wing it for Deathclaws and creatures like that.

Actors are automatically containers for their inventory. What you want to do could involve some scripting. OnDeath clear the inventory. OnActivate if the player IsEquiped a knife then add stuff to the inventory type of thing. Attaching the script to animals will be a PITA.

Actors are automatically containers for their inventory. What you want to do could involve some scripting. OnDeath clear the inventory. OnActivate if the player IsEquiped a knife then add stuff to the inventory type of thing. Attaching the script to animals will be a PITA.

I know Damn Apocolypse does it. But I removed everything that didn't involve that hunting bit but didn't work. I'll take a look again. I don't know how to script. Most I did was change a item in a script when I remade my own, get item back from eating food mod. Thanks anyways