Make the game more exciting at higher levels?

YouDoNotKnowMyName

Good evening everybody!

I have a little bit of a problem:

I usually use a "alternate start" mod to start at a random location with no equipment (expect clothes, of course) and try "to survive".

Sometimes I even use a mod that removes all of the NPCs and adds lots of ghouls (kind of like a "zombie apocalypse" thing ...)

That's exciting and great, but after a while, when my character gets "saturated" with equipment, weapons, ammo, ... it gets kind of "boring" or "pointless" ...

(I am NOT saying that FO4 is boring or pointless! I think that FO4 is a great and exciting game!)

At that point I usually delete the save files of that character and the whole thing starts again ...

That is usually at about level 10 or so (I know that that would be considered "low level" for most people here ...).

I had the same problem while playing other games (Skyrim, Oblivion, ... )

I just really love the "low - level - experience", you know, every little thing you find matters. But at higher levels, things feel kind of "irrelevant" and "meaningless".

I guess this is because I never really play the "main quest" in FO4, and since all of the other "faction quests" are tied into the MainQuest, that leaves not really much else to do ...

So, that question is: How can I make the game more exciting (especially at "higher levels") ?

I know that most people would reply to this by asking: "Well, it depends on what you want from the game. If you know what you want, just get a mod for that!"

But unfortunately there isn't a "alternate main quest" mod (yet) that would add some "bigger objective" to the game, like a main quest should ...

If anybody knows something that could help me, let me know here ...

If you want to make the game more interesting, at ALL levels..... :) Install PANPC, turn it on, increase the number of spawns you get, increase the chances of spawns in various areas, turn off the level scaling of spawns, and install something like Modern Firearms. You get NPC's with better weapons, better AI, and more of them. Be careful with it though, as it is possible to make spawns so thick, you are CONSTANTLY in combat. :) It doesn't add any quests, or even change any.... but it sure makes combat more interesting. :) NPC's are better armed, and quite a bit smarter...... at low levels, they can have weapons that will one-shot you right quick. Of course, you can find those weapons as well.

I Highly recommend a merged patch (via xEdit, minus the leveled lists, and a bashed patch specifically for the leveled lists.). Gives a better distribution of weapons. It significantly changes how you play. You have to be MUCH more careful, and pay closer attention to what is going on around you, or you end up dead, before you even know there is someone else around. Enemies, including ghouls... will try and flank you. A moments inattention can mean your death. A lot like in 'real' combat.

I know just those two mods made my game a LOT more interesting to play. :) Even at higher levels. I STILL run into enemies that have the skull next to their name. (meaning that are higher level than I am, by a good stretch.) With spawns turned up some, you may run into two or three of them in a single encounter..... And that doesn't even bring in the aspect of NPC's calling in reinforcements. :)

Sounds interesting, thanks for the suggestion, I will try that mod ...

I already have several "weapon mods" that also add new (more powerful) weapons to NPCs.

I was looking for something like quest stuff, but one can never have enough mods :laugh:.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also (almost always) do "permadeath", so the "world" is pretty dangerous already ... (Molotovs are the worst thing ever :verymad: )

Thanks for the quick answer!