Hi everyone

I'm creating a Breezehome mod and i wanted to make 2 children's rooms rather than just the one but I'm not sure how to make this work.

So far i have tried to xmarker's with the children's room keyword in both rooms but this has not worked. I have also placed xmarker's next to each bed which also hasn't worked. i have tried using room bounds and linking them together, also using the children's room keyword (which obviously didn't work as they are used for optimisation etc). And lastly i have tried linking 2 standard xmarker's (in the rooms) with the children's room xmarker which was placed in the void. Nothing so far has worked.

I was wondering if there was a way that i could create an "area"? like room bounds that i could place the Children's room keyword onto that would allow me to have 2 separate kids rooms.

I have attached an image of the rooms taken from the render window on the CK. A is the original room and B is what will be the new bedroom

I should also say that my intention is to upload this to all platforms so will need to be compatible with the PS4

any help would be greatly appreciated :psyduck:

Edited by XdUbLeRmX

Your children's room xmarker should be in the room, not the void. The game uses it to tell the kids where to go. If it's in the void, they can't get to it, so they don't know where their room is. It should have the appropriate location reference type. I can't see it in the image so don't know if you did this. When you refer to a keyword, I assume you mean Loc Ref Type. Loc Ref Types and Keywords are 2 different things.

Using two won't help at all. The game will look for one in the location and will not know which one of the 2 to pick, the way the adoption quest is set up. It may choose one, it may not assign any. I don't know without looking carefully at the scripts. The issue is elsewhere in how you've set up the cell. You most definitely only need one and only one.

Roombounds are nothing to do with it. They are used for optimization purposes and can be used to assign things like different lighting templates to different areas of the same cell. They don't need to come into this at all.

I strongly suspect that the entire cell is not set up correctly for spouses, housecarls and adopted children.

The guide provided below tells you how to set all this up for 'Hearthfire multiple adoptions'. Follow it and you will be OK. I've used it and it works fine, as it does for HMA. Follow it exactly. The maker of Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions went through all the relevant quests and scripts and provided this guide so we don't have to! Sweet. :mellow:

With the marker in the correct place and the two beds with the right loc reference types, it should just all work, providing you have all the other stuff in the guide in place. If even one of the things that the adoption script looks for is missing or lacking the correct location reference type or keyword, it will probably fail entirely, so no adopted children will ever show up at Breezehome.

As for the PS4 comment, I never intend anything for PS4 because of its restrictions. Things like this that relate to basic game mechanics should apply equally to both PC and PS4. Others may advise more on this. For now, let's get this problem solved! :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm a little concerned about the rest of it, since it looks nothing like Breezehome. Where's Lydia, for instance? She should be standing close to the top of the stairs, unless you've just hit '1' twice to hide her. One of the kids' rooms looks like Lydia's room. Where's her bed? You haven't got markers enabled, so I can't see if the rest of it looks fine. I'm also not seeing any signs of a whole raft of statics and activators that should have been dragged down below the house, along with the vanilla navmesh, unless they are out of shot or hidden.

If you've deleted vanilla objects*, or moved Lydia to another location, you're in big trouble! And I mean delete your esp and start again kind of trouble! If you've deleted vanilla navmesh, you may get out of this, with some effort in SSEedit. I can guide you on this. I'm not saying you have, but I suspect it. Let me know, so we can rule it out.

* statics, navmesh, activators, you name it, you delete it and woe betide you! Chaos ensues.

Anyway, that's my answer to your original problem.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I have looked at the hearthfire modders doc you sent and i have done everything on the list.

Yellow: LRT BYOHAdoption_ChildSandboxRoom

Green: LRT BYOHAdoption_ChildSandboxHome

Purple: LRT BYOHAdoption_ChildBed

Blue: The "original" modded childs room contianing the bedroom sandbox marker (this room works as should, i.e child sleeps in bed)

Red: New bedroom where the issue occurs. Child will not sleep in the bed

With regards to Spouse and Lydia sandbox, they both work fine. Lydia's room is now on the ground floor and works as should. The soul issue that i am having is that my child does not want to sleep in the new room.

I have attatched a new image help to illustrate my problem

Thanks again

Hi.

If you've followed that, the kids normally find a bed. Is Lydia behaving correctly. Forgive me for asking this. It's just that she's indicative of how the cell is working.

Have you deleted any vanilla navmesh or objects? This is crucial!

Also, from the image, I'm not seeing the mass of blue idle markers that I'd expect to see, even though you have 'markers' enabled. You say you've added them. I'm not seeing them. breezehome is small and they should be everywhere.

They are not. This is what I'd expect to see in a home meant for the player, spouse and kids. This is my 'Shades of the rift' Player home in CK.

Lydia is yes. I have deleted the vanilla navmesh but know how to get it back using TESedit if needed. with regards to deleting vanilla objects i haven't BUT i did use Elianora's breezehome mod as a base. Not sure if that helps

Also, from the image, I'm not seeing the mass of blue idle markers that I'd expect to see, even though you have 'markers' enabled. You say you've added them. I'm not seeing them. breezehome is small and they should be everywhere.

I only have the core idles in there at the moment such as sweep etc i plan on adding more in but i wanted to get the bed situation sorted first as there is no point continuing with the mod if one of my children doesn't use the bed if that makes sense

You're not reading what I'm saying.

"I only have the core idles" is not good enough. They all have to be there for it to work. You're not listening or don't understand enough.

That you deleted a vanilla navmesh is the core of your problem, but you didn't know it. Instead, you brush it off by saying "I have deleted the vanilla navmesh but know how to get it back using TESedit if needed."

I've just told you, quite plainly that deleting the vanilla navmesh is bad. If needed? Good grief, of course it's needed! I may be told off for this but I will shout: "Never delete vanilla navmesh!"

I'm a bit annoyed that you seem to have read my advice and ignored it as if you know better. You don't.

Lastly and very firmly, why use someone else's mod? Have you just taken Eli's Breezehome mod and started altering it? Good lord, if that's the case we're done!

I appreciate the help you've given so far.

with regards to Lydia i previously stated that she and her room are now located on the ground floor. I am not sure if any vanilla objects were deleted as i also said I used Elianora's Breezehome mod as a base for this new one and am unsure if she deleted anything but for arguments sake lets say yes.

I will reinstate the vanilla navmesh and move it down as you have suggested but I am not sure how this will allow my child to sleep in its bed? Everything is working absolutely fine except for that one issue (as in they will walk into that room and use the sweep idle that's in there) so I am wondering if there is a limit to how far away you can move the children's beds from each other as that sounds more like the issue than navmeshing imo

again i really do appreciate your help

You're not reading what I'm saying.

"I only have the core idles" is not good enough. They all have to be there for it to work. You're not listening or don't understand enough.

That you deleted a vanilla navmesh is the core of your problem, but you didn't know it. Instead, you brush it off by saying "I have deleted the vanilla navmesh but know how to get it back using TESedit if needed."

I've just told you, quite plainly that deleting the vanilla navmesh is bad. If needed? Good grief, of course it's needed! I may be told off for this but I will shout: "Never delete vanilla navmesh!"

I'm a bit annoyed that you seem to have read my advice and ignored it as if you know better. You don't.

Lastly and very firmly, why use someone else's mod? Have you just taken Eli's Breezehome mod and started altering it? Good lord, if that's the case we're done!

Im sorry i didnt mean for you to be getting annoyed.

Clearly I dont know better thats why ive come to the forum for help. I have created house mods before but never attempted to recreate/ edit an existing cell so this is new to me.

I used Eli's mod because my intention was to create a mod that was similar to hers and thought it'd be easier to edit a few details than it would to start from scratch.

again im sorry that ive annoyed you. thank you for your help and i can understand if you dont respond

Edited by XdUbLeRmX

Now we're talking. You irritated me rather than annoying me.

Trust yourself and believe what others are telling you. You need to re-instate that mesh, for starters. I'm guessing that you've altered way too much without realising.

In all honesty, it seems harsh, but it's not. Start afresh, drag the navmesh down, drag all the statics and activators down and just build your own. it'll be way more fun... just leave the bare bones of the house and Lydia for a reference. You can then alter the house as you see fit, but bear in mind that the player won't want to have it like a Dr Who Tardis... 10 x bigger inside that out. That's where Eli and Lupus were good in different ways. Lupus preserved the original exterior and made the interior to match, but with more facilities. Eli altered the exterior, too. Much harder but it allowed her to add the armoury.

Do it your way and you'll be much more satisfied afterwards!

You must preserve Lydia, though. If you delete her navmesh, move her from the cell, or anything like that you'll mess with the first (and most loved) real follower that all players have.

Making something like Eli did takes a lot of doing, though. Breezehome is small, but to make it look as good as Eli did, or Lupus takes a bit of doing.

That said, you may put a new slant on it.

Editing vanilla is much more sensitive than making new cells.

Rule 1: Never delete anything

Rule 2: Drag down (z axis), rather than disabling

Rule 3: Dragging down also includes navmesh.

Sort of rule 4: drag 'em down a lot! Helps when navmeshing again.

Idle markers: I'm not sure about this. I know how to add them to make a mod work for 'Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions', but for a vanilla home, I'd be tempted to leave them. Move them where necessary, that'll be fine, but leave them. It makes it harder to work in the place, but it's safer. Gut feeling is you can delete the lot as long as you put them all back in at the end.That's just my guess.

Best of luck, mate!

Sorry if I sounded harsh. I just didn't want you to carry on down a blind alley, and from the image, that's exactly where you were heading.