I'm ready whenever you are, though I might have to table this for a minute so I can eat dinner and spend time with my friend.

If you wanna hit me with next step, that's cool, or we can wait. Up to you.

What want you to do is spend time with your friend and forget the silly game.

Life's too short ..OK ?

Go eat have fun.

the games not going anywhere.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, just got out of 101, waited a bit for all the DLC messages to kick in, then saved and exited.

No problems from last update.

ok good

now

am I to understand you had once used MO 2?

If so, I'll supply the link here so I know you have the correct one.

IF not?

well then, things can get complicated

Mod Organizer 1 legacy and MO 2 both Isolate data from the game completely.

Fomm does not. The idea is to install and sort the mods "on the right pane"

Then once sorted? you sort them on the left according to their sources.

FWE has many plugin's, MMM does too, mods like that you sort according to master lay out on the right as seen "to the left side in that order.

the groups on the left will then be overwriting the files in the correct sequence of events and no damages to the software can occur.

you can also turn them on or off at a whim to track down offending installs or incorrect plugin usages.

Fomm ? lol well I kind of overwrites data and once done, it's done and there ain't no tuning back the clock.

So it's now an important step for you to take and decide.

Fomm will always be there for direct editing of files the old fashioned way, Directly in the data directory, but the Idea is not to do that if it can be helped.

Just keep in mind, data loading from the data directory from a fomm install can not be removed unless you use Fomm to uninstall it.

This is a learning process and some day you will know why things do what they do.

Hmm, well, the way you describe it, I think I'd fell better going with MO2, but if there's a specific version I need to get, idk which one it would be.

Also, if I do use MO2 to download and install these mods, is it going to auto-sort them for me, or do I have to put them in a certain order manually? Cause I can, I just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

Hmm, well, the way you describe it, I think I'd fell better going with MO2, but if there's a specific version I need to get, idk which one it would be.

Also, if I do use MO2 to download and install these mods, is it going to auto-sort them for me, or do I have to put them in a certain order manually? Cause I can, I just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

I'm going t ogive you Solid Advice.

DO NOT download any mods through a mod manager period. you download them manually.

The reason is , packaging is not all the same and you keep the archives in the download folder and can store them for later use.

Reason #2 If a mod gets hidden and is a requirement of another? well then that mod will break in the process due to not able to locate it.

How about removed mods?

But MO tells you on the right side if you forget to read the authors instructions.

There are a few of them, patch works for Imperfection , that mod is just gone man. It's required for another persons work. So that person work is now obsolete.

But, if you do the manager handles every thing? Guess what happens? yo have no idea how many hours are spent trying to fix peoples mod troubles only to find out they are missing assets needed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=files&file_id=119742

Manually, it's all on your choices. It's up to you to make the correct choices and gives you More freedom to choose.

3rd. All work is done Locally, not network dependent. Understand now?

Edited by Purr4me

you choose where MO gets installed too as well. C:\laughing boy or games or any name you wish but you put it out of harms way.

The only thing windows is good for are the assets tools need and games need, otherwise. Go with linux.

I already know the script extender is a given, but besides that, the mods I wish to have are iron sights, fwe, and flora overhaul. Those 3 are essential to my personal play experience.

I would like to try a few others, like more realistic combat ai, enhanced blood textures, and maybe dc interiors, but every time I would get dc interiors LOOT would tell me there were deleted navmeshes which could cause crashing, so idk about that.

I already know the script extender is a given, but besides that, the mods I wish to have are iron sights, fwe, and flora overhaul. Those 3 are essential to my personal play experience.

I would like to try a few others, like more realistic combat ai, enhanced blood textures, and maybe dc interiors, but every time I would get dc interiors LOOT would tell me there were deleted navmeshes which could cause crashing, so idk about that.

1rst things first.

I want you to test Fomm's installer for the scrip extender programs.

Fomm will deposit the files directly into the games data base but in the wrong location. may be?

I don't know due to I don't need to use it

ya see, there are other ways to get Ironsihghts working as well as others that require that program.

I write my own code directly into the esm files. and some esp's

But test that so we can see if it works. go into the game, bring up the console and type FOSEver and hit enter.

If it shows up? then we know fomm did the job. IF not then we know that.------------------fosever

if that works? then your good to go. the version of MO2 has the right code to sort the mods and load order if yo keep he stack under twenty. after that ? lol it's all hell breaks loose.

So take things slow and pay attention to he small details

When it comes to archive invalidation, the manual version is 2kb, but the recommended program version is 246kb...I've always gone with the recommended...should I do so now as well?

use fomm directly