• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, run Fallout 3 after it finishes installing, set up the game, get through 101 (just to be safe), save and quit, then after downloading and extracting, put fallout.ini and .dll from the Intel bypass into the Fallout 3 goty folder and say "yes" to replace?

Am I following so far??

If you are referring to the Intel HD Graphics Bypass package, if you get this far, you don't need it. What that file does is give the game false information about your graphics processor so that the game sets the graphics and allows the game to run. You have to start the game from the FalloutLauncher.exe the first time the game runs.

What you do need to do is edit the Fallout.ini that is located in My Documents/My Games/ Fallout3. You need to set bUseThreadedAI=1 and add iNumHWThreads=2.

This will reduce your CPU to using only 2 threads while you are running the game.

Those settings are in fact in the new inii file. so yes, this is needed and is 1 less step required.

Then the Fallout.ini does not go in the Fallout root folder, but in the Fallout3 folder found in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3. That is where the .ini file is located that is used by the game and the only .ini that should be edited.

Lol, what exactly did you do?

Also, as you've seen my mod list, if you have any suggestions, changes, or anything I could drop (maybe cause a different mod is better, or one cancels another out), what could I change?

read what I just updated, don't get side tracked.

your in My hands now hun.

Instructions.jpg

Kitty

Edited by Purr4me

@M48A5: for your information, the games launcher uses that fallout ini file t s et the graphic's up and it also copies it to the My Documents My games folder, so You now know the process.

leave it alone. I got this.

Running into the "CTD when starting a new game" issue. Every time I hit new game and choose "yes", it takes me to a loading screen for like, half a second, then blam, straight CTD.

Ok so now copy the Bypass files to the games root folder and try again.

Btw, my internet totally sh-- it's pants about 10 minutes ago, so I'm working without it for the moment.

A little tidbit of info here. the ini file the launcher uses is the same exact copy you will see show up in the document folder .when a person resets the game files? this file gets replaced back to default, so if one was to re-verify their game files? the ini file in the My document folder get trashes, on an intel machine or any machine for that matter, this can be disaster.

So you will need to reestablish the fallout.ini file into the games root folder and run the launcher. On another note: any ini tweaks you might want to use, you can use either, but to maintain consistencies, you use the fallout.ini file and make the games launcher do the work.

Fomm, uses the root file, not the My document files.