Now If you so desire NOT to use MO 2 ? and just want to say use the games old fashioned ways? this is how that's done.

Fomm-ran-from-steam.jpg

Though you might have to reset Fomm's settings as to the whereabouts of the game?

Kitty Black

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can hit me up on messenger, if you prefer, but it's gonna be a bit...

As mentioned, some stuff is going on at the moment. My friend has some family over and I kinda can't mess with anything at the moment for reasons I won't go into.

the game will sit, you take care of the home stuff, walk away, i'll be around.

My internet was f--ked all night last night and the CS tech didn't do sh--. Try restarting your router! Like, no, dipsh--, that's not the f--king problem; it's a problem on your end, for the 4th time, I just want to know when it will be fixed! Well, first, unplug your router...

F--K!!

I didn't get ignorant with them, but I was screaming that in my head...

Either way, the problem has apparently been resolved and my internet is steady.

FO3 is installed in the new, separated from protection Steam folder.

That being said, FOMM is already installed, but through Documents...will this have any effect on modding and should I reinstall it directly to C, or can I leave it where it is?

You don't ever want to have anything running out of the sea users profile because anything's there is going to be completely in the solely controlled by user account controls I would suggest reinstalling it to the root of C drive or anywhere else but you don't want it in a Windows protected folder in the screenshot above you will see Steam and I have added a non-steam game in this case that tool as the link so that steam will recognize the game right away this is the old-fashioned way of modding the game but it's the Bare Basics in a good way to start out to make sure that the mods you're choosing work right later on you can switch over to mod organizer 2

It is done. I now have a fresh copy of FOMM installed directly on C.

Ok, first things first

test run from steam.

Crash ? ok, install intel bypass files run steam launcher again.

Still crashing?

ok in steam lower left hand corner click add NON steam game, direct it to Fomm's executable and select add selected. Boom Fomm is now tied into steam.

run fomm, allow it to update .ok before I forget, yo can only use this version of fomm.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991?tab=files&file_id=1000018736

The reason ! because it does not call home for any updates, it is completely self contained for Boss auto sort.

Now, if the version you're using is networked to update from the net? then it won't work correctly.

Use mine.

run fomm, open the tweaks file and install from Fomm, the fake Live dll file. run the game directly from Fomm

test. let me know.