Constant Conflicts detection...

JCThunder
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

You should not revert your Vortex version unless explicitly told to do so by staff, it can cause damage to the internal data Vortex needs to work properly.

We are aware of this, a bug in 1.2.18 caused Vortex to no longer ignore the "superfluous" files that normally don't show up in the conflicts window. There's already a fix being tested internally and we'll release it as soon as we know it's stable and working (hopefully tomorrow, but I that's not 100% certain). For now, you can just launch your game externally to Vortex to ignore the new conflicts, I would discourage setting any new rules in relation to these files.

Just to say something about what you say that this Vortex version is stable...

You realise that if there are conflicts the Vortex doesn't let you run FNIS for example , and without running FNIS after whatever you do the game will CTD or Freeze ...Just saying that when one says something its stable man its cause it doesn't have issues , that probably its true until people open Vortex and even without installing any Mod will pop the conflicts message ...Anyway Matey , its not stable and that is a fact..

Well the new update ruined my Fallout experience. sudenly I had to tell vortex which mod should be after the other and with the suggestions I suddenly have cyucles that I can;t get rid off. It seems to ignore the loot mod sorting option in total and jsut does something and I can;t control it. I used to use the long lasting NMM but as vortex should be the new thing I have now a lot of regrets that I use Vortex :(

Well the new update ruined my Fallout experience. sudenly I had to tell vortex which mod should be after the other and with the suggestions I suddenly have cyucles that I can;t get rid off. It seems to ignore the loot mod sorting option in total and jsut does something and I can;t control it. I used to use the long lasting NMM but as vortex should be the new thing I have now a lot of regrets that I use Vortex :sad:

So, just download the newest NMM, it's right on the same page you downloaded Vortex from, you just have to scroll down a little farther.

Pick "Community Release"

Man, people can't even find the NMM download when it's directly underneath the Vortex download

NMM-Vortex.jpg

Well the new update ruined my Fallout experience. sudenly I had to tell vortex which mod should be after the other and with the suggestions I suddenly have cyucles that I can;t get rid off. It seems to ignore the loot mod sorting option in total and jsut does something and I can;t control it. I used to use the long lasting NMM but as vortex should be the new thing I have now a lot of regrets that I use Vortex :sad:

So, just download the newest NMM, it's right on the same page you downloaded Vortex from, you just have to scroll down a little farther.

Pick "Community Release"

Man, people can't even find the NMM download when it's directly underneath the Vortex download

I did not asked for that , I just expected a stable upgrade. As we need to move on to the next gen platform. Though sometimes new is not better, So nice that you give the link and pretend to be better then the rest. but you are not as you did not read my text becasue I never requested to get NMM , I just complained about the new Vortex version. though maybe the community can fix Vorex as they fixed a lot of games as well ;P

You should not revert your Vortex version unless explicitly told to do so by staff, it can cause damage to the internal data Vortex needs to work properly.

We are aware of this, a bug in 1.2.18 caused Vortex to no longer ignore the "superfluous" files that normally don't show up in the conflicts window. There's already a fix being tested internally and we'll release it as soon as we know it's stable and working (hopefully tomorrow, but that's not 100% certain). For now, you can just launch your game externally to Vortex to ignore the new conflicts, I would discourage setting any new rules in relation to these files.

To be clear and concise, we should NOT TOUCH VORTEX AND NO TINKERING TILL THE FIX ARRIVES, correct?

What about downloading? Before I noticed the bug I began downloading mods. I think I downloaded 3 or 4 but did not install them yet. Then I noticed the conflict issue after downloading those mods. Did I screw myself by downloading mods with a bugged version of Vortex or am I safe?

Pick "Community Release"

I did not asked for that , I just expected a stable upgrade. As we need to move on to the next gen platform. Though sometimes new is not better, So nice that you give the link and pretend to be better then the rest. but you are not as you did not read my text becasue I never requested to get NMM , I just complained about the new Vortex version. though maybe the community can fix Vorex as they fixed a lot of games as well ;P

Well, the link is there if you want it, everybody starts reminiscing about NMM, so I give them the link so they can go back to it if they want.

FWIW, I turned off Automatic Updates in Vortex and am still using 1.1.15 because I haven't seen one version of 1.2.x that hasn't had it's share of problems

When a version releases where there are no problems being reported in the forum, then I'll manually update.

Until then, I'm sticking with 1.1.15

Vortex-Updates.jpg

Pick "Community Release"

Well, the link is there if you want it, everybody starts reminiscing about NMM, so I give them the link so they can go back to it if they want.

FWIW, I turned off Automatic Updates in Vortex and am still using 1.1.15 because I haven't seen one version of 1.2.x that hasn't had it's share of problems

When a version releases where there are no problems being reported in the forum, then I'll manually update.

Vortex-Updates.jpg

Great info. I wasn't aware you could turn off automatic updates. I think I'll do that after this next fix then hold-off on future updates till they are known to be stable, as you suggested.

Question; if we turn off automatic updates will the masterlist still update or does that get disabled too?

Vortex-Updates.jpg

Great info. I wasn't aware you could turn off automatic updates. I think I'll do that after this next fix then hold-off on future updates till they are known to be stable, as you suggested.

Question; if we turn off automatic updates will the masterlist still update or does that get disabled too?

Masterlist stills updates

So......I was lamenting about not being able to run New Vegas, or FO3 or 4 or Skyrim SE, and a few others.....and having moved on from NMM, I wasn't going to reinstall that as a bandaid...now, I run FO4 the heaviest as far as number of mods (around 420, no joke) and was like, why don't I just use the f*#@ing SElauncher. So after comparing the Vortex LO with the plugins, I had to make 4 adjustments, and was back in my game with no issues.......back yo s#*! up, BTW