Enb settings won't save? +other issues

hexsim

So I downloaded the latest "ENBseries" as well as "Vogues ENB", and the main problem I'm having is that when I uncheck "depth of field" for example - bc the character blurring is an absolute no for me - it works, but then it doesn't save for the next time i launch the game. as far as i can tell saving games doesn't help either

Is there any way to get these settings to stick? I would hate to have to change them every single time I load..

Also, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Vogue's ENB to begin with, it seems like it messes with the lighting too much.. like during the daytime when the sun is out, everything is just too bright or something.. almost bland looking. And my pipboy light is WAYYYY too dim, it makes it very hard to see it and make out the words, especially with the colors I chose which I'd prefer to keep. Any way to fix this?

As for the 'blandness' the problem is I'm not 100% sure what the ENB does.. other than this (I just know I felt like it was too much of a change to the lighting). I've done modding before but I know very little about the details of it - so you may have to explain things to me like I'm 5 btw lol. I wish there was a side by side comparison of what Vogue ENB does before and after, so I can see how it affects different times of day and everything else it does (what even does it do besides lighting and stuff?). Or if there's another one I might prefer better..

BTW I'm using "great fps boost" mod, which I believe mostly just mods the .ini (but has probably been overwritten by now with other stuff i installed?), but also has a file that turns all fog off.. will that affect the overall look of Vogue ENB? Is having the fog turned off even that big of a difference nowadays? Like I could use more performance, but does it even matter that much? And for that matter, are there better fps boosters than "great fps boost?" Likewise, if any of them change textures and not just the .ini settings, will said textures overwrite eachother if i use several of these or something else like a green mod?

Lastly.. and I'm not sure if it's the ENB settings or vivid weathers, or something else that I installed recently.. but I'm getting a LOT of lighting flickering, pretty much constantly whenever i move or look around - like on the ground and pavement and rocks and stuff during sunny days.. like it looks normal, somewhat bright.. and then flashes a very very dark color on the ground, looking as if it suddenly became nighttime for that spot, if that makes sense. any idea what may have caused this, potentially without having to flat out turn off certain lighting completely? like enbs are more than just .ini setting changes right? is there anything specifically that i can replace, or a better lighting mod i can use that will overwrite this problem?

If I load the game via the .exe itself, rather than through MO2 theres a LOT less flickering, and it's even brighter (more godrays I think?).. but I also noticed there's no shadows in either instance. Is there a solid fallout.ini or falloutprefs (can't remember which) somewhere that I can download that has good performance and looks nice? one that doesn't turn off all shadows lol (probably why my vogue ENB looks bland) or the fog.. unless turning fog off really does improve performance a lot nowadays still..

Could really use a hand with any of these issues, thanks in advance

Edited by hexsim

Nevermind on the saving ENB settings.. I figured it out. I'm just an idiot and completely missed the whole "apply and save config" settings lol..

But everything else above is still a problem, particularly right now that of needing a good prefs.ini file to use.. but all of the other things listed as well.