Installed Mods Not Showing Up Inside of Game

buttrammer42069

Hi,

I originally posted this on Reddit, but wanted to post here too since this is most likely more active:

I tried playing Bannerlord again today and mods are not showing up on the splash screen before I start the game. This used to work, but I haven't played in a couple of months and I have a feeling it has to do with how they're staged.

Currently, Bannerlord is located O:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord. Mods are staged at O:\Vortex Mods\mountandblade2bannerlord. Downloads go to somewhere on my C drive.

From what I've researched, it looks like I have to stage the game on the same drive as my game, which I've done. It also looks like I can have the mod downloads go to a different drive. I've tried hitting Deploy Mods after confirming that this was set up properly and NONE of the mods show up. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling a couple of the mods without any luck.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what my issue is? I think I laid out everything on here, but let me know if I'm missing anything helpful.

Thanks

EDIT: I also want to follow up by saying I also tried installing Fallout NV today and believe I have the same issue. Can't tell as easily because I don't have a splash screen to check and didn't install a blatantly obvious mod, but it didn't look like what I installed was actually deployed.

For Bannerlord you should not be using the game launcher. All of the that functionality is covered by Vortex's "Load Order" tab. You also have to be starting the game via Vortex for the mods to work (only Bannerlord).

Other than that. Check the bell icon for any notifications you might have missed.

For Bannerlord you should not be using the game launcher. All of the that functionality is covered by Vortex's "Load Order" tab. You also have to be starting the game via Vortex for the mods to work (only Bannerlord).

Other than that. Check the bell icon for any notifications you might have missed.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I just tried launching Bannerlord through Vortex and mods still do not show up in the splash screen before starting the game. Additionally, I checked the notifications I had and I had one to update Vortex. I updated and still am having the same issue.

I think at this point I'm just going to have to do a clean re install of Vortex and all my mods. No biggie, just was hoping there's be an alternative.

Thanks

@Pickysaurus: Can we get some more information about why Bannerlord has to be launched from Vortex?

That kind of goes against every other game, and against my line that Vortex does not need to be running when you play your game.

@Pickysaurus: Can we get some more information about why Bannerlord has to be launched from Vortex?

That kind of goes against every other game, and against my line that Vortex does not need to be running when you play your game.

The way the extension works is it treats your load order as launch parameters for Bannerlord.exe - so the mods will appear in the regular game launcher but they will not be in the same order or enable/disable state. Technically you can ignore Vortex's load order but the vanilla launcher is incredibly flaky and often sorts mods into an order that results in a CTD.

Well BlackTreeGaming is the extension author, so I can't even blame the extension author.

Maybe I will open a feature suggestion through Vortex. There are other ways to pass in launch parameters than by direct call.

Maybe have Vortex create a symlink shortcut to launch the game. That could contain these launch parameters.

Well I tried to send feedback. Vortex says my version is to old to send feedback, even though it is "Stable" and updated this week.

Edited by rmm200