Fallout 4 Boston Area FPS Issues.

robeagle

Ok so to start off with my entire Load Order is cleaned

*Apologies for not being able to figure out how to use Spoiler Tags in advance..*

My Load Order :

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 DLCworkshop02.esm
5 5 DLCworkshop03.esm
6 6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
7 7 DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
254 FE 0 ccbgsfo4019-chinesestealtharmor.esl
254 FE 1 ccbgsfo4038-horsearmor.esl
254 FE 2 ccbgsfo4044-hellfirepowerarmor.esl
254 FE 3 ccfsvfo4003-slocum.esl
254 FE 4 ccgcafo4003-factionws03bos.esl
254 FE 5 ccgcafo4009-factionws09mm.esl
254 FE 6 ccgcafo4010-factionws10rr.esl
254 FE 7 ccgcafo4012-factionas01acat.esl
254 FE 8 ccgcafo4013-factionas02bos.esl
254 FE 9 ccgcafo4018-factionas07mm.esl
254 FE a ccgcafo4023-factionas12army.esl
254 FE b ccbgsfo4050-dgbcoll.esl
254 FE c ccbgsfo4058-dglabc.esl
254 FE d ccbgsfo4062-pippat.esl
8 8 cczsef04001-bhouse.esm
254 FE e ccbgsfo4063-papat.esl
254 FE f ccacxfo4001-vsuit.esl
9 9 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
254 FE 10 CROSS_Wasteland_Ronin.esl
10 a ArmorKeywords.esm
254 FE 11 CanarySaveFileMonitor.esl
11 b Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esm
254 FE 12 Settler Sandbox Overhaul.esl
12 c WorkshopFramework.esm
13 d SimSettlements.esm
14 e PANPC.esm
15 f Fo4FI_FPS_fix.esp
16 10 WOTC.esp
17 11 BostonFPSFixAIO.esp
18 12 3DNPC_FO4Settler_SimSettlements.esp
19 13 Insignificant Object Remover.esp
20 14 Max Performance - All Interiors - All DLC.esp
21 15 NukaWorldPlus.esp
22 16 MojaveImports.esp
254 FE 13 Fog Remover II (AIO) Recommended.esp
23 17 LightsDontCastShadows.esp
24 18 UnlockedTrailersProject[uTP]v2.0.esp
25 19 SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearTwo.esp
26 1a W.A.T.Minutemen.esp
27 1b dD-Action Ragdoll Force.esp
28 1c Vivid Waters.esp
29 1d MilitarizedMinutemen.esp
30 1e UniqueUniques.esp
31 1f UltracitePA.esp
32 20 Archimedes-II.esp
33 21 BeastWhisperer.esp
34 22 th1nkEyebot.esp
35 23 th1nkEyeBot-FarHarbor.esp
36 24 th1nkEyeBot-NukaWorld.esp
37 25 th1nkEyeBot-DLC03DLC04Addon.esp
38 26 SimSettlements_CityPlanPack_ContestEntries_Season2.esp
39 27 SimSettlements_CityPlanContest.esp
40 28 CompanionAccuracy.esp
41 29 CurieAccuracy.esp
42 2a DanseAccuracy.esp
43 2b F4NVServiceRifleRedux.esp
44 2c M1Garand.esp
45 2d VarmintRifle.esp
46 2e EAMR.esp
47 2f dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
48 30 dD - Small Splatter Size.esp
49 31 Give Me That Bottle.esp
50 32 LongerPowerLines3x.esp
51 33 More Realistic Cats.esp
52 34 ManufacturingExtended.esp
53 35 M1Garand - AWKCR.esp
54 36 No Aggro Impact Landing.esp
55 37 PA-Quick Animations.esp
56 38 Realistic_conversations.esp
57 39 Realistic Roads - Fade.esp
58 3a Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
59 3b RobotAccuracy.esp
60 3c SimSettlements_CityPlanPack_ContestEntries.esp
61 3d SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearOne.esp
62 3e SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearThree.esp
63 3f SurvivalOptions.esp
64 40 The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
65 41 VarmintRifle - AWKCR.esp
66 42 EvilViking13_MinutemenMorale.esp
67 43 Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
68 44 EvilViking13_WastelandWalls.esp
69 45 Better Explosives - Grenade Frequency 30.esp
70 46 Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp
71 47 Better Explosives.esp
72 48 BE_Enhanced Grenades.esp
73 49 Vivid Weathers - Natural Bright.esp
74 4a Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp
254 FE 14 CROSS_CoA.esp
254 FE 15 CROSS_InstituteExpeditionarySuit.esp
254 FE 16 CROSS_CourserStrigidae.esp
75 4b LeeEnfieldNo4MkI.esp
76 4c ConcreteSledgehammer.esp
77 4d DP_CaravanShotgun.esp
78 4e CrudeBlowback.esp
79 4f CrudeBlowback - AWKCR.esp
80 50 ConcreteSledgehammer-AWKCR.esp
81 51 FCOM.esp
82 52 HandmadeRevolver.esp
83 53 HandmadeRevolver - AWKCR.esp
84 54 LeeEnfieldNo4MkI - VIS&AWKCR.esp
254 FE 17 CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp
85 55 ProvisionerUniform.esp
86 56 Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp
87 57 Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
88 58 WorkshopPlus.esp
89 59 Armorsmith Extended.esp
90 5a SuperMutantRedux.esp
91 5b SuperMutantRedux_ArmorSmithExtended.esp
92 5c EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
93 5d Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
Edit ; I forgot to Add this issue only effects my game in the Boston Downtown area, Which I'm aware has many issues in general with FPS however I'm unsure what else to try.
I've Naturally tried setting settings Lower,ENBBoost,Boston Area FPS related Fixes and sadly none of these have worked. Stability DID increase when I removed a grass mod *not very script heavy granted.*
But I'm not at a loss of what else to Try. Naturally I'm aware removing mods during a play through is not a Good idea and I have been modding games for a decent long time but this issue has honestly alluded me for a fix. So Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Once Again, sorry for not knowing how to use Spoiler tags I'm bad at Forums.
Edited by robeagle

What hardware are you running the game on?

i5 9th Gen

2060s RTX , 16gb 3200mhz DDR4.

All of which with Optimised cooling setup of course.

..(I knew I forgot to list something..hardware specs..always the hardware specs.)

Might also be worth knowing that I have an Unlocked CPU, so Overclock-able etc, Whilst I doubt that would cause an issue this is a Bethesda game.

Edited by robeagle

From a video i watched by JuiceHead, he said the BostonFPSFixAIO kinda works but not completely. video near url time here: https://youtu.be/nFf2kRXQmdM?t=753 You can try disabling that and see if that does anything.

I didn't see any, add more npcs combat mods in your mod list, though if you do have one that could also be the culprit. If you haven't downloaded the High FPS Physics Fix (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798) that could help with your frames as well.

From a video i watched by JuiceHead, he said the BostonFPSFixAIO kinda works but not completely. video near url time here: https://youtu.be/nFf2kRXQmdM?t=753 You can try disabling that and see if that does anything.

I didn't see any, add more npcs combat mods in your mod list, though if you do have one that could also be the culprit. If you haven't downloaded the High FPS Physics Fix (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798) that could help with your frames as well.

I Do have War of The Commonwealth, could that be the issue perhaps? also I will try that!

I Do have War of The Commonwealth, could that be the issue perhaps? also I will try that!

It could be, WotC can be a pretty heavy performance mod since it can spawn a lot of npcs fighting each other. The game and your computer have to handle all the effects from the fighting, ragdolls, etc... if that physics fix or disabling the BostonFPSFIx esp doesn't help improve you FPS, then try disabling that as well. If you are really determined to have a kind of warzone like feel, there are other mods besides WotC that can somewhat offer the same experience, but with less drop in performance.

Also if you haven't already, see if you need to update your video card as well.

hardware is ok but it depends also on the resolution you play. 1080p should be no problem. 2k or even 3 or 4k with ultra settings may cause low framerates depending on your ini settings. 16 gb ram is the minimum you need with ultra settings. if you encounter stutter avoid to run any win process not needed to save ram or reduce graphics details or upgrade to 32gb ram to be save. you can check ram utilization with task manager in background and vram usage with nvidia inspector

hardware is ok but it depends also on the resolution you play. 1080p should be no problem. 2k or even 3 or 4k with ultra settings may cause low framerates depending on your ini settings. 16 gb ram is the minimum you need with ultra settings. if you encounter stutter avoid to run any win process not needed to save ram or reduce graphics details or upgrade to 32gb ram to be save. you can check ram utilization with task manager in background and vram usage with nvidia inspector

Good shout on the Vram checks I forget about that often! Running at 1080p So highly doubt thats the issue. I also turned down some Settings in the ini file in an attempt to preserve some framerate.

My Ram however is performing quite well all things considered (70% which is around what I Expected.)

I religiously check my GPU Drivers for updates so also as it should be.

CPU hits around 34% (Naturally not being used as much as GPU)

Vram in use is around 5gb, Whilst testing to see the issues (AFTER installing the FPS related mods that Jables mentioned) I received what appeared to be an FPS Related CTD, however instead of CTD it froze and then unfroze and I was able to continue playing. I'll see if this has completely fixed the problem or not but if it has that will be quite good since easy fix.

Will update once I've tested some more.

(Note ; I have not currently yet removed War of the Commonwealth,and whilst playing a WoTC event happened My FPS around that time went from 80fps in the Boston Downtown area To 50-60fps which was Granted a decent Drop however it was Stable.)

Shall update once I've tested some more.

Edit : I crashed after around 27 Minutes of Playing (Crashed as I exited the Station where you rescue Nick.) Makes me think its not FPS related.

Edited by robeagle

Edit : I crashed after around 27 Minutes of Playing (Crashed as I exited the Station where you rescue Nick.) Makes me think its not FPS related.

Then my next suggestion would be to start a new game save, go to the area where you are having fps drop/ctd. If you are able to move around fine with the new game save then your old save may have some scripts that are conflicting that may be causing the crash. If the new save game also has the fps drop/ctd, then it maybe more likely that a mod is causing the issue. Note: this is kinda of a theory that I go off of myself that typically works for me for whenever I have a ctd in a area and I try to resolve it. I can't say it will help you but it is a possibility.

My other suggestion is to try troubleshooting and disabling one or a few .esp's at a time and reloading the game each time you disable a .esp and see if that works. Though doing this can be very time consuming, but could work. If you try this method I would suggest starting with the heavy mods first, then go to the less stressful mods

Then my next suggestion would be to start a new game save, go to the area where you are having fps drop/ctd. If you are able to move around fine with the new game save then your old save may have some scripts that are conflicting that may be causing the crash. If the new save game also has the fps drop/ctd, then it maybe more likely that a mod is causing the issue. Note: this is kinda of a theory that I go off of myself that typically works for me for whenever I have a ctd in a area and I try to resolve it. I can't say it will help you but it is a possibility.

My other suggestion is to try troubleshooting and disabling one or a few .esp's at a time and reloading the game each time you disable a .esp and see if that works. Though doing this can be very time consuming, but could work. If you try this method I would suggest starting with the heavy mods first, then go to the less stressful mods

So Far, War of the Commonwealth is Surprisingly not the problem, As I just had a Crash during the Skinny Shootout after disabling it (tried re-enabling but same issue.)

I'm honestly not quite sure What mods could be causing an issue.

Edit ; I have read that people with Unlocked CPU's (Such as mine) Have issues with Fallout 4, Perhaps this could be the problem?

Edited by robeagle