Organtoxic

Hey, I'm a beginner and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, basically some mods have conflicts and i'm trying to resolve them by overwriting with Vortex manager, like "before and after". this is what I did and I don't know exactly why they do conflict, so is there a better way or just a way to fix this?

Thanks In Advance

Edited by Organtoxic

As a very simple answer from even a beginner: conflicts are part of the good tone... A very simple example: 2 mods that are supposed to change a weapon. One mod changes the damage of the weapon and the color, the other one changes the price of the weapon and also its color. So there is a conflict between both mods, because both want to change the color. So you have to decide which mod Counts 'before' and which 'after'. In this example the color of the 'after' one would count. It always counts the 'after' one. Basically it has also proved itself for me to follow the recommendation of Vortex (suggested)... until I know exactly what I am doing...

I also have conflicts where I don't follow Vortex's recommendation because I want a certain effect, texture or whatever. You should look at what collides with each other and then decide. If it doesn't work you can always change the priority in Vortex afterwards…

I hope this helps a little bit...

The load order determines the precedence of changes. If you load mod A before mod B, anything that A changes, which B also changes, will show only those shared changes made by B, since it "overwrites" the changes made by A. Any changes that A makes which B doesn't also change are changed to what A wanted, but again, B would have overwritten the shared changes made by A (changes to the same thing), be that a resource, a texture, a skeleton, or a script.

Conversely, had you loaded B before A, the opposite would be true.

Since you're using Vortex, I'd recommend that where possible, you select the Vortex-suggested load order. You'll see something like

Before (suggested)

or

After (suggested)

IMO, choose the suggested for the least problems.

In some cases, (in my experience, it's not technically rare but very infrequent) , Vortex will be unable to provide a suggestion. That is, there will be no "(suggested)". At that point, you need to refer to the documentation for the mods involved (A and B in my simple example) in the load order contention, to see if there's any info on that contention (ex: Mod author says: "like you should always load A before B if you have B installed too, because otherwise things won't work right"), or failing that, an educated guess. (in around 500 mod installations, I believe I've had to deal with this around ten times in total (perhaps a few more but not many)

As Weissdorn suggested, there are times when you might want to override the suggested load order. In my experience in around 500 mod installations is that this situation is extremely rare, even less more rare that situations where Vortex doesn't provide a suggested load order. I've done so only two or three times for all these mod installations.

Ah, thanks, that clears a few points, I've download like 60 mods, most work except these few, I also think I installed SKSE the wrong way, cause as I clicked new game all kinda errors came up with mods like SkyUI, then next thing I did seemed even more wrong cause as I entered the game, it crashed just before the loading screen , So I'm just Installing it all again and hope it works this time maybe keep a copy too