Fallout 4: ENB issue, changed settings won't save

Jables13x

So I'm having an issue that, whenever I tweak my enb setting in the GUI or in my enblocal/enbseries config, they don't stay permanently. I know that i need to hit save configuration and hit apply changes, but it will just reset to the default settings. I can however do the tweaks and get the enb look I want, but every time I start the game up I have to do it, every single time. I also tried to edit the enblocal/enbseries config settings to what I want and then set it to read only, but it didn't work either. The enblocal/enbseries config will keep the edits I made, but will not change the GUI settings in game.

Is this a result of F4SE having a conflict with the ENBs or is a mod causing it?

Also I did try multiple ENBs, and the result was the same.

Is the file where configuration settings are stored set as Read Only?

At the moment yes. Initially it wasn't, I set it to read only, to see if the changes would work. Which they did not, I can always switch it back but It wont do anything, the changes I make in they GUI always go back to default regardless of the config being set as read only or not.

Can you open the config files in notepad, edit them directly, and the settings actually stick?

I tried that and didn't work. As soon as i start up the game the config edits will also default back to what they were. If i edit the configs and then make them read only, it still doesn't affect the settings in game either. But my edits will stay after I launch the game.