Can't add a mod directly from NMM?

CoochieHorse

New topic here, I recently found out when downloading mods manually with NMM I came across an error that said:

[Warning!

Archive: (where I put my downloads).rar

ERROR: You can't add a mod directly from NMM Mods folder, please move it somewhere else before adding it to mod manager!]

Previously, I didn't have this problem but it just occurred to me today. Could anyone shine some light on my problem? Maybe I messed up something with NMM?

Yeah, I got that one too a while back. I just created a new, empty directory to download my mods to, and then pointed NMM there when I "install mod from archive". Works fine.

How do I make a new empty directory and make my downloads go there? I'm not very familiar in this topic of computers.

Find your NMM mods folder, (in windows explorer) then, right click, select new, then Folder, Name is something like "Mods Downloads", or something similar, and when you click the manual download link, (or, the Download with manager...) point it at that folder. When it is done downloading, click on the "add file from archive" button in NMM, navigate to that folder, and select the archive you just downloaded. I also have it sorted by date, most recent at the top..... that way, the mod(s) I want to install, are right there.

Find your NMM mods folder, (in windows explorer) then, right click, select new, then Folder, Name is something like "Mods Downloads", or something similar, and when you click the manual download link, (or, the Download with manager...) point it at that folder. When it is done downloading, click on the "add file from archive" button in NMM, navigate to that folder, and select the archive you just downloaded. I also have it sorted by date, most recent at the top..... that way, the mod(s) I want to install, are right there.

Ok, I'll try that later, thank you! (sorry for the long reply!)