Can´t get my ivy texture replaced

Knusperkekswaffel

Hello everyone!

Im recently having serious Trouble making various new Textures for the Ivy in Skyrim Special Edition appear in the Game.

Until now, I did not have problems with any other Texture-Replacement Mods. But no matter which specific Ivy Replacer I am trying to use, it´s all the same. (Tried it with "Photorealistic Ivy", "Ivy by Mari" and "HD Colorful Ivy" so far)

Using Vortex to install my Mods, the only conflicting Mod appears to be Pfuschers 2020 Texture Pack, which I definitely made sure to become overwritten by the new Ivy Textures, by making them load after Pfuscher 2020. But in this case the Rule I set on Vortex does ultimately not appear to change the Ivy in Game like it should. The Ivy Texture is still the old one. (I guess its the Pfuscher 2020 Ivy, since i can tell for sure that it isn´t the vanilla Ivy either)

At this point I´m absolutely clueless - does anyone have an idea what could possibly going wrong here?

PS: Of course I already checked my Loadorder with LOOT and stuff, but it hasen´t changed anything at all. What I´m relly curious about is, that there dont seem to be any other conflicting Files. I dont know if this helps, but all of the Ivy Replacement Mods are non-esp files.

Hmm, not sure. I mean, they are just textures, it should be pretty simple.

Maybe you could try manually deleting the conflicting files in Pfuscher's 2020 Parallax (after performing a backup, of course) and then re-compare with the other replacer you are using? I think that might help you identify the problem faster. Assuming that your second ivy replacer covers everything that 2020 does, they should show up. If you instead see vanilla textures, something is obviously wrong. Make sure that the mod is enabled in your MO, and that you have downloaded any updates/patches specified by the mod author. The latter shouldn't be necessary if Pfuscher's mod is the only conflict, buy hey, it doesn't hurt to check.

Anyway, let us know if it works. Hopefully, you've already figured things out.

Hello again and thanks for your Reply!

In the mean Time I managed to solve the Issue.

I found out, that my default Ivy was not the Ivy of Pfuscher 2020, but the one from 3D Trees and Plants. This Mod also changes the Ivy Meshes - the related Ivy Textures are further using an non-default name. Thats the Reason why I didnt get a file conflict with the new Ivy in Vortex. I searched a bit in the Posts on the Mod Page of 3D Trees and Plants and found out, that there where more people complaining about similar Issues. The Folder of 3D Trees and Plants contains a big .bsa Archive File instead of many loose Files, so changing an specific Mesh or Texture is not possible. As 3D Trees and Plants is the Flora Mod of my choice, I didn´t want to uninstall it, just for the Ivy.

Using google to find a Solution for this, I found a picture posted by someone here on Nexus on the exact same problem including a sparse Suggestion on how to solve it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/images/73472

I tried it out and it actually worked. After extracting the .bfa I was able to change the Ivy Meshes of 3d Trees and Plants (I used Photorealistic Ivy), then i packed them back into their folder, zipped them again, installed my "fixed" version of 3D Trees and Plants with Vortex and had the custom Ivy appear in Game. I seems like this should work for all other Plants included in 3D Trees and Plants as well, if it´s the case that someone wants to change a specific Plant in it.