similar mod suggestions (like on Amazon products et al.)

bitoolean

Would be nice when visiting a mod page to have a sidebar(s) (and other places, or link to lists based on the mod) with:

• random mod;
  • mod of the day / month, etc. in that category;
  • popular, respectively trending mods in same category / with similar title;
  • mod most others have chosen downloading after visiting this mod (like Amazon's etc. what other people interested have bought);
  • mods other people also download / use / endorse who have downloaded this (like Amazon's etc. people also buy);
  • you get the gist.

The idea of course is to more naturally discover a greater variety of mods (and more obscure but maybe fascinating ones) and even better / newer alternatives / "reborn" ones why not etc.

I got a similar suggestion along these lines (well at least accomplishing the same goal at least)

1. A tab for author suggested mods for authors to tag mods that go well with theirs. Maybe add a part for mod users to do the same sorta like mod pics?

2. User profile having a top 5 favorite mods list option

I hope it works better than Amazon's "Customers who bought this, all so bought these"
Because I have a screenshot where I looked up if there was such a thing as whole Wheat Communion Wafers, and it brought me to the page, and below in the "Customers that bought this, also bought these" section had Astro-Glide and a Sex Doll in it.

I hope it works better than Amazon's "Customers who bought this, all so bought these"

Because I have a screenshot where I looked up if there was such a thing as whole Wheat Communion Wafers, and it brought me to the page, and below in the "Customers that bought this, also bought these" section had Astro-Glide and a Sex Doll in it.

Haha. Yes. Well if most whole wheat communion wafers buyers also bought those then I guess it will still be the case for most of the future buyers, so the algorithm still works in most cases... so while it may not be intuitive, it's not wrong practically either in most cases :b since it guesses something they'd be interested in.

Edited by bitoolean

Haha. Yes. Well if most whole wheat communion wafers buyers also bought those then I guess it will still be the case for most of the future buyers, so the algorithm still works in most cases... so while it may not be intuitive, it's not wrong practically either in most cases :b since it guesses something they'd be interested in.

Another possibility ... the algorithm suggests something that has a high profit margin. Is there that much money in crackers, even special ones?

Another possibility ... the algorithm suggests something that has a high profit margin. Is there that much money in crackers, even special ones?

Yeah, not much probably, since competition is plenty.