Fallout 3 not CTD on an intel gpu with "Bypass" installed

MoKhaled

Bruh, a mistype in the title, sorry for that additional "not".

Hello everyone!

I decided to start a thread after someone pointed out that this would be a better way of asking for help. To get into my issue, the game works normally fine until I press "new game", but whenever I use the d3d9.dll provided in the Intel HD graphics Bypass, the game straight out crashes on startup, not even the first loading screen works. I've tried FOSE, Updated Unofficial Fallout patch, multiple .dlls and a few other things, my setup is as follows:

Intel core 2 duo t7400 2.1Ghz

Intel GMA 950 using Chell 1.8 modded drivers

3 GB ram

Windows 7 64-bit

GoG Fallout GOTY

Although we can argue that this setup can't run the game at a playable level, I'm a somewhat experienced modder(even have my own mod for Oblivion coming soon) and from the videos/resources I've seen, I'm sure that if I got the game to actually launch past the "new game" screen that I'd be able to run it just fine.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, I didn't manage to get the game to run using any of the other guides/forum posts I've seen and it's literally my first day with fallout 3. Would be great if I got this game to work. Thanks in advance for reading all this :)

Edited by MoKhaled

Yes, I've done so. I have to note that the launcher crashes first time after the "automatically detecting your gpu and setting settings(or something)". But then I relaunch the launcher and set settings normally. It does show an nvidia card as my active, too.

Showing the NVidia card is from the Intel bypass file. You should try to get the game to run without any mods installed (the bypass package is not a mod).

Coming from GOG, you don't need the GFWL or the Large Address Aware file since they are included in the GOG download.

Showing the NVidia card is from the Intel bypass file. You should try to get the game to run without any mods installed (the bypass package is not a mod).

Coming from GOG, you don't need the GFWL or the Large Address Aware file since they are included in the GOG download.

Yes. That's the issue, lol. I can't run the game out of the box because it crashes on "new game" and I can't run the game with the Intel graphics bypass because it crashes before main menu. I'm trying to either: 1-Somehow figure out why the bypass is causing my game to crash, and fix it; or 2-Somehow run my game without the bypass and have it not crash on starting a new game or loading a save file.

Edited by MoKhaled

Yes. That's the issue, lol. I can't run the game out of the box because it crashes on "new game" and I can't run the game with the Intel graphics bypass because it crashes before main menu. I'm trying to either: 1-Somehow figure out why the bypass is causing my game to crash, and fix it; or 2-Somehow run my game without the bypass and have it not crash on starting a new game or loading a save file.

Do you know where the admin tools are in the control panel?

you need to bring up the event viewer exactly after a crash so to trace the culprit.

I think I know what's going on. "Widows" is killing the process. but just bellow the last error pointing to the engine file, will be a blue notification, within that it will tell you if whether or not windows shut it down on purpose. Please check and verify before we go any further.

windows 7 may not have the supported software required for the game. there's a bunch of stuff

.net, visual basics.

the software sent with the game is "Out dated" I have 2 ways to obtain the correct software for that older game. 1 way is through a steam application, the other is a direct link to my software packages. yes I am at home now

Alright. I'll be trying the few solutions you've mentioned and reply here. But in the meantime I had a question. I feel that it might be my windows 7 not getting the game to work, because I've seen a lot with similar hardware to mine get the game to run. I'm thinking that maybe a clean install of a different OS can help. What windows version do you think is the most stable with fallout 3? And do you think that I'll have better luck running fallout new vegas(or TTW)? I remember getting an error last time I installed Fallout NV that it requires hardware t&l which isn't available in my gpu. Do you think I can work around that somehow? Or I better stick to fallout 3 on a different OS?

Alright. I'll be trying the few solutions you've mentioned and reply here. But in the meantime I had a question. I feel that it might be my windows 7 not getting the game to work, because I've seen a lot with similar hardware to mine get the game to run. I'm thinking that maybe a clean install of a different OS can help. What windows version do you think is the most stable with fallout 3? And do you think that I'll have better luck running fallout new vegas(or TTW)? I remember getting an error last time I installed Fallout NV that it requires hardware t&l which isn't available in my gpu. Do you think I can work around that somehow? Or I better stick to fallout 3 on a different OS?

Currently on IT dev, windows 10 "Home edition" is slated to be head front and center. It is being pushed to update every ones system, mandated update's.

you can directly update that machine if you own a flash drive/ usb that can boot. the windows media tool download will handle the entire cross over.

If your successful at the update, windows own drive cleaning tools can remove the older copy of windows after you grab what you need from the users folder in windows old.

then let her rip.

EDIT: here ya go------> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Edited by Purr4me

Alright. Installing drivers, and stuff in your zipepd file didn't work unfortunately.

What's really weird is such stuff worked for everyone. Literally I've seen a guy with an Intel atom who runs the game just fine, I can't say that something like the d3d9.dll provided on nexus isn't working because tons of people are using it just fine. It means that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what is that...