Tanning Rack Locks Game

Wolfpack49

So this only recently started happening, and not sure if it may be due to a mod -- upon entering the tanning rack dialogue, it performs the tanning animation and shows the menu for about 30 seconds, and then exits me out of the animation and SlyUI menu. From that point on, no keyboard commands work (E, space to jump, WASD to move, Esc to get to the menus). I can enter combat by clicking the mouse, but cannot exit combat, and cannot move. I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del at that point to get out of the game and restart. This has happened in both an internal Hearthstone tanning rack, and a rack at the Falkreath blacksmith, so fairly sure this is happning at all tanning racks.

I did recently start crafting cloaks using the Winter Is Coming mod, but other than that, nothing much has changed in my setup. I've crafted tanned items fine before, and even crafted a few of the Winter Is Coming items. Other mods that might be affecting things:

SkyUI

Cloaks and Capes (new crafting items)

Living Takes Time (calculates time passed for crafting)

Thought I woould post here before checking the Winter Is Coming board, but has anyone else expereinced something similar? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Sounds like something is disabling player controls and not re-enabling them. I have no idea what mods might be doing that nor why they would.

To see if this is the case, you can use the console to re-enable player controls. The syntax is as follows:

EnablePlayerControls <Movement> <Fighting> <POV> <Looking> <Sneaking> <Menu> <Activate> <Journal Tabs> <POV Type>

Using EnablePlayerControls by itself will turn on all controls.

You can also utilize the following to achieve the same: EnablePlayerControls 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Sounds like something is disabling player controls and not re-enabling them. I have no idea what mods might be doing that nor why they would.

To see if this is the case, you can use the console to re-enable player controls. The syntax is as follows:

EnablePlayerControls <Movement> <Fighting> <POV> <Looking> <Sneaking> <Menu> <Activate> <Journal Tabs> <POV Type>

Using EnablePlayerControls by itself will turn on all controls.

You can also utilize the following to achieve the same: EnablePlayerControls 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Well, very interesting -- the behavior doesn't seem to occur until I use the SkyUI filter in the crafting menu. I am beginning to wonder if it might be a SkyUI bug, or a specific interaction between SkyUI's filter, and the new crafted items from WIC.

In any case, and unfortunately, even EnablePlayerControls doesn't bring back the keyboard when this occurs. The good news is that I can just avoid using the filter (for now).

I do have BMC installed. I will try testing some filters other than items in the WIC kit to see if it helps -- I saw some posts over on the SkyUI forum saying you needed to hit Enter after typing in the filter text, too, so may try that. Also could try disabling WIC and see if it has any effect.

Okay, more interesting findings -- did some additional testing:

• With WIC enabled, entered the SkyUI filter dialogue without typing anything, and it did not exit out of the Tanning animation
  • With WIC enabled, typed some filter items and selected enter -- it filtered out the items, and did exit me out of of the menu, BUT I still had keyboard control. I did this a number of more times, and eventually it kicked me out and locked the keyboard
  • With WIC disabled, I entered some text, and for several searches it filtered okay, but eventually it kicked me out and locked the keyboard.

So this doesn't appear to be an issue specifically with WIC, though maybe those longer search terms are throwing it for a loop. In any case, I think it may be a SkyUI filter issue, not sure if it's connected to crafting and animations in some way.

Is it worthwhile to post this over on the SkyUI forums or bugs?

If you can replicate on a new game session where SKSE and SkyUI are the only mods installed, then it would be worth reporting to the SkyUI team. Be sure to include the steps necessary to replicate the issue.

Otherwise, I'd recommend just not using the filter feature as that seems to be the ultimate source of the issue.