Heavy Traffic ×

Mod Idea: Boomer Artillery support?

leotheEliteMajor117

So, we have the ARCHIMEDES weapon system but since most of us(prolly) are good people, we mostly send the power of HELIOs One to mostly the whole region or to Vegas and McCarran or Westside and Freeside instead of powering the ARCHIMEDES System that you can use to call in an orbital ion strike anywhere with a 24hr recharge.

Since most of us did it for NCR Fame or the rewards from Rivas, why don't we make the Boomers more helpful if we become Liked by them and then, have them help us back by being able to call in their artillery via a radio? Like the NCR Support radio.

I don't think we should make it where we can call in artillery anywhere on the Mojave, since their howitzers can't reach that pretty far and it's only restricted to their base thanks to their xenophobic life. That would also be very immersion breaking and cheating too. If this becomes a reality then the Boomers would be a very helpful faction for us in our adventures.

Also, let's make it down to this, Boomers have only limited amount of munitions for their Howitzers, that means we only have a limited amount of calls. Instead of them having unlimited munitions, we should also help them back by crafting howitzer munition for them and give it back to them so they can have many in stock. Also, since the Great War happened these howitzers of theirs are not much in good condition, so this means we also have to help them clean it and maintain it. This is to make sure we don't break immersion, and not have a way to cheat.

What do you guys think of the idea?

I think limited munitions and helping folks who live and breath guns fix their guns is immersion breaking since they should know how to do that themselves (which they do and they make their own shells as well) as they should know more then we would about the guns. Also I would want to know how their guns got into such bad condition that they couldn't shell most the map. All things considered I think the range should be unlimited with either 24 hour cool down or you have to earn more via buying them or bringing scrap and supplies.

Also this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41165/

Not a perfect choice as there isn't a quest requirement as far as I can tell but it gives you arty strikes.

I think limited munitions and helping folks who live and breath guns fix their guns is immersion breaking since they should know how to do that themselves (which they do and they make their own shells as well) as they should know more then we would about the guns. Also I would want to know how their guns got into such bad condition that they couldn't shell most the map. All things considered I think the range should be unlimited with either 24 hour cool down or you have to earn more via buying them or bringing scrap and supplies.

Also this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41165/

Not a perfect choice as there isn't a quest requirement as far as I can tell but it gives you arty strikes.

That sounds like way better than what I said, although how their guns got into bad condition, those guns were Pre-War I think, so maybe due to the years passed by, it wouldn't be able to shoot anywhere on the Mojave think of how the depression and elevation of the gun would be affected if a artillery piece is left behind with no maintenance after the Great War, but that's just my perspective.

Also, I checked out the mod and looks sweet. Gonna have to pretend that the Boomers have my back once I get liked by them when I have the mod. Thanks

Edited by LabroLEO