[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

someguy2000

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6816/nvbbanner.jpg

With the release of the someguyseries.esm, it's fine time I announced my plans to upload comprehensive patches for NVBI and NVBII. Below, I'm going to list my forthcoming additions and alterations for each mod. I encourage you to make suggestions or pose questions in this thread, as these mods are familiar to many players.

New Vegas Bounties I
- Re-voice most of the NPC's (not Randall, though)
- Replace the FO3-style speech checks
- Add new textures for any unique weapons (there are 1-2 that are vanilla duplicates)
- Add "Evolution" to certain dungeons (Idaho's drug den, Richter's bunker, etc.)
- Implement map markers for unique locations
- Fix that goddamn ash pile
- Correct any misspellings or grammatical errors
- Correct any incongruity between subtitles and voice acting

- Slight re-balancing of select encounters

- Add a few more notes to cement ties to other characters and questlines in the Someguy Series

New Vegas Bounties II
- Overhaul Doc Friday (Make Companion wheel functional, include unique barks for bounties, etc.)
- Correct any misspellings or grammatical errors
- Correct any incongruity between subtitles and voice acting
- Implement more leveled lists for armor and weapons
- Add "Evolution" to certain dungeons
- Add an infinite bounty system (Certain respawning NPC's drop fingers)
- Add several small bounties triggered by player choices in The Inheritance
That's it for now. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome, just don't be upset if they aren't all included.

VOICE ACTING:

Dramatis Personae:

- Judge Richter: CLOSED.

- Blake: CLOSED.

- Blood-Hammer: CLOSED.

- Blunt: CLOSED.

Buchan: CLOSED.

- Tommy Rags: CLOSED.

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioning markers for important places, I think that the first one should be the Judge's Bunker.

For NVB II seeing that my game crashes without Master Update.. I don't really know, but.. I think that in the Arthur Ribben Quest, if you chose to spare, you can lie to the NCR bounty givers. (I am not sure if you can in this version or not so..)

And, like I said before, a Master Update function would be great. I can however make NVB I and II a .esp file without Master Update but I am not sure if that will do good or bad stuff.

(I think you can make both NVB I and II a .esm and not a .esp and that will fix the problems, but again. I am no scripter so I don't know if that will do positive effects or negative one's.)

People who want revenge. Like, You kill Killer A so the brother/friend of Killer A will come to you for revenge.

That's it for now.

Best Regards,

-Mohamed

By the way,

If the font/color is annoying/bothering someone, then please tell me in a quick PM and I'll change it to the default at once.

Edited by Mohamed2001

People who want revenge. Like, You kill Killer A so the brother/friend of Killer A will come to you for revenge.

Be careful what you wish for - I live for scripting that stuff. Some of it is already in the works, along with more nuanced, possibly unexpected consequences for the player's actions in other mods.

Love your NVB-I mod. I still haven't had the time to play through your others. But I'm looking forward to them and the new one.

There's an issue that may not have come to your attention. As we all know, the vanilla Geck has some serious bugs, one of which is that there is no error checking on scripts. There is one error that the Geck will allow to get through, and saves the script anyways. This is when you have a reference in the editor that your script uses, but the 'Persistent reference' box isn't marked. This would never be allowed in FO3 or the OB CS. Here's an example: https://dl.dropbox.c...nce-example.JPG

If a reference is not marked as persistent, then there is no guarantee that the reference will be loaded into memory when the script fires. Depending on a user's mod load and use of PCB mods the engine might flush them since they are under the temporary parent of the cell. This could lead to the script failing, mysterious and unrepeatable bugs, or CTD in the worse case. Another side effect is when the plugin is esmified, the scripts won't fire because the game engine is more strict with persistence on esm files. But the main thing is just having the box checked regardless of whether the plugin will be esm or not, for stability sake.

In order to find these issues, I would suggest using the Geck Powerup, which restores script error checking in the Geck. Then it's just a matter of highlighting each stage or topic in the quest to see the error messages. Get the Geck Powerup here: http://newvegas.nexu....com/mods/41642

I've only gone through NVBI, and

these are quest stage result scripts that reference non-persistent references

aaBounties01 stage result scripts:
145 - plus a syntax error - aaDallasRef.enable.disable

Dialog result scripts that reference non-persistent references:

aaBounties01DallasCoffin
aaBounties01FredBounty
aaBounties01FredChildren1
aaBounties01JudgeTaunt1
aaBounties01MagoJailStrengthKill
aaBounties01MagoLastConvince
aaBounties01MagoLastF***You
aaBounties01MagoLastKillYou

rickerhk,

You're absolutely right about the persistent references - it's one of those things I forgot about when I left NVBI behind about two years ago. Assuredly, I've learned a lot since then, and I plan on bringing the mod up to speed so that's it's no longer incompatible with Master Update. Thanks for the detailed explanation; please feel free to post any other suggestions in this thread.

Hmm, probably way off track for what you want to do but would it be possible to have Bounties that the Brotherhood of Steel put out solely for BoS couriers?

Bounty hunting enemys of the Brotherhood would be quite neat.

Edited by Dweedle

Hmm, probably way off track for what you want to do but would it be possible to have Bounties that the Brotherhood of Steel put out solely for BoS couriers?

I generally steer clear of the BoS, as they're a bit too powerful and isolated to employ bounty hunters. Thanks for the suggestion, though.