[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

someguy2000

Noted and I am agreeing with Mohamed2001. I would also like to thank you for your continued work. I am looking forward to the updates.

Thanks, brother.

Just to let everyone know, NVBI will get new voicework and some much-needed polish, but the balancing and quest flow will remain untouched. However, I've started laying the foundation for additional content in NVBII, as it was designed with updates in mind (hence the sandbox nature of quest delivery). Some of the new elements will include:

- Making Doc Friday a proper companion, with a functional companion wheel and unique barks.

- The addition of three new bounties, all scripted to hinge off events in The Inheritance

That's it for now - I'll post more news when I have it. Thanks for the support!

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Progress on the update continues!

So far I've accomplished the following:

NVBI:

- Any references called upon should have persistent parents, making the mod compatible with MasterUpdate

- All speech checks are now in the New Vegas style

- *Slight* re-balancing

- Optimization to enhance performance

- More thorough cleanup

NVBII:

- Much more thorough cleanup

- Less scripts running simultaneously to enhance performance

- NVBII doesn't begin until the player finishes NVBI

This isn't related, but the update got me thinking more about NVBIII. When the player meets a certain, dastardly NPC, I'd love to play

. Goddamn copyright laws.

Have you considered adding Evolving Dungeons to the Bounties mods? I also believe you stated that in hindsight NVBI rewarded you a little too much for the bounties, so are you going to change that around as well?

At any rate, excited as all hell.

For NVBII, definitely. For NVBI, I'm not so sure, though I'm leaning towards adding inhabitants to the Judge's bunker.

As for the rewards... I'm not sure.

I dont have a lot of experience with voice acting. I did a waiter for Run the Lucky 38. And cajoled / blackmailed some of my buds to do a few more voices. If you need somemore voice actors for any of your future mods. Just send a PM!

You said this "I encourage you to make suggestions or pose questions in this thread, as these mods are familiar to many players. " I remember you telling me that you would like to flesh out Kikushi's character more, and if you are still up for the task to flesh out his story, I would more than gladly assist with voice acting Kikushi again along with helping you with anything else you need. Playtesting New Vegas Bounties 2 was absolutely great. I hope you can possibly incorporate me into helping you a bit more.

You said this "I encourage you to make suggestions or pose questions in this thread, as these mods are familiar to many players. " I remember you telling me that you would like to flesh out Kikushi's character more, and if you are still up for the task to flesh out his story, I would more than gladly assist with voice acting Kikushi again along with helping you with anything else you need. Playtesting New Vegas Bounties 2 was absolutely great. I hope you can possibly incorporate me into helping you a bit more.

Hell yeah, good to see you're still on the Nexus! I'm working through the technical updates at the moment, but I'll be in touch once I start work on updating characters and dialogue. At the very least, I can throw in some fetch quests to help upgrade the saloon and its inventory.

Hell yeah, good to see you're still on the Nexus! I'm working through the technical updates at the moment, but I'll be in touch once I start work on updating characters and dialogue. At the very least, I can throw in some fetch quests to help upgrade the saloon and its inventory.

Fantastic! You still have my e-mail, so e-mail me when you feel like you're ready to move forward!

sigh...more ghoul voice...

My poor throat!

just kidding. Pumped to take Doc to the next level.

You had a great ghoul voice, it'd be great to hear more of Doc Friday. Hell, that was a part I applied for. But I said I may not be able to do it because I can't do a "southern drawl"