Duplicated Items

inixxi

Hi all, this is my first attempt at modding. I'm trying to create a patch to make Honeyside TNF work with the Crossroads Cellar. Cellar adds a door to Honeyside at a place not appropriate for TNF. Basically I'm just moving the door, which I thought would be pretty simple for my first mod. I'm attempting to create this as a standalone mod so it is unaffected if either mod updates. My problem is, after moving the door and starting Skyrim, the door appears where it should, but there is a duplicate door in the original spot. Not really sure what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated. thank you!

Unfortunately, you cannot create a patch like this for the two mods without at least one of them being a parent master. If all you are doing is moving the door in the one mod, make a patch that relies on that mod as a parent master and then move the door.

If you use the Creation Kit Fixes mod, you should be able to use any ESP as a parent master without doing anything else.

If you do not, you can use Wrye Bash to "ESMIFY" the intended parent ESP so that the CK will load it as a master file, thus allowing you to make your edits and save them to your plugin. Just remember to use Wrye Bash to "ESPIFY" the parent ESP and correct your load order prior to testing.