Failed to load master-/userlist, PLEASE HELP!

Dannyland4561
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

I'm having trouble with Vortex and I can't figure out why. Vortex is having trouble finding the masterlist when I am able to see it in my D:\ drive but it keeps searching in my C:\ drive. I've already changed both my downloads folder and mod folder to my D:\ but I don't understand why it seems like its not scanning my D:\ drive. I've deleted and reinstaled Vortex about 3 times now and nothing has changed!

The error I got was this,

ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\masterlist\masterlist.yaml'

Error

at Object.statAsync (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:147:210)

at t.default.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:42:17616)

at Generator.next (<anonymous>)

at a (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:42:12516)

Edited by Dannyland4561

How did you move your Mod Staging Folder and Downloads folder?

Did you use Vortex to move them, or did you move them using Windows Explorer?

I used vortex I'm pretty sure.

So you used these screens?

To move the folders

Because the error message is saying that Vortex is still looking at where the folder WAS, and that happens when people move the folder OUTSIDE of Vortex by using Windows Explorer instead of Vortex.

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

Vortex-Download-Folder.jpg

To move the folders

Because the error message is saying that Vortex is still looking at where the folder WAS, and that happens when people move the folder OUTSIDE of Vortex by using Windows Explorer instead of Vortex.

Yes those were the screens that I used.

When you deleted and reinstalled Vortex 3 times, did you install it in the same place every time?

Because Vortex is expecting to find the Folder on your C:\ drive instead of your D:\ drive, so some information that Vortex relies on, has been moved without Vortex knowing it, as it keeps expecting to find that masterlist on the C:\ drive.

The masterlist is always in the appdata folder, it doesn't get moved with downloads or staging folder. No configuration setting would affect where Vortex is looking for it or where it gets stored so there isn't really any mis-configuration that could cause this.

As to why it's not finding it I couldn't really say. The masterlist is downloaded by the loot library, we don't really have anything to do with it apart from saying "dear loot library, please fetch the masterlist now".

You could go to the plugins screen and click "reset masterlist" which would to force it to fetch it again. If that doesn't help you'd have to send in your log file (use the feedback screen please) to see if there are any other relevant errors being reported before.

To move the folders

Yeah I don't exactly remember what I did I know that I moved something then moved it back to its original place and then used Vortex.

The masterlist is always in the appdata folder, it doesn't get moved with downloads or staging folder. No configuration setting would affect where Vortex is looking for it or where it gets stored so there isn't really any mis-configuration that could cause this.

As to why it's not finding it I couldn't really say. The masterlist is downloaded by the loot library, we don't really have anything to do with it apart from saying "dear loot library, please fetch the masterlist now".

You could go to the plugins screen and click "reset masterlist" which would to force it to fetch it again. If that doesn't help you'd have to send in your log file (use the feedback screen please) to see if there are any other relevant errors being reported before.

Alright I'll try this out thank you.