Load order advice

nallik876

Well aside from FNVedit merge patches, does anyone have any advice on this particular load order? Because my game crashes every few minutes and I would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

WMR.esm
WMR_DeadMoney_R.esp
WMR_DeadMoney_S.esp
WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_R.esp
WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_S.esp
WMR_HonestHearts_R.esp
WMR_HonestHearts_S.esp
WMR_LonesomeRoad_R.esp
WMR_LonesomeRoad_S.esp
WMR_OldWorldBlues_R.esp
WMR_OldWorldBlues_S.esp
WMR_Vanilla_R.esp
WMR_Vanilla_S.esp

No idea what WMR is, but it appears that there are two different versions of each plugin and I doubt you are intended to use both of any of them.

NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
ST_TraitsandPerks_WithNoBaseEdits.esp

Definitely need to pick one of these and delete the rest.

Powered Power Armor.esp
PPA Hardened T51 PN Patch.esp
PPA-PN Onyx Patch.esp

PPA, like any other mod that hasn't been updated since April 25, 2011 (patch 1.3) is broken. Remove it.

NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm

Weather mods are one of the first things to point your finger at when experiencing crashes.

You might have better luck with stability using NVEC -- just make sure to read up on all of the things it incorporates and remove any standalone mods that do the same thing. I will never recommend Mission Mojave to anyone, but it's another option. Also, run BOSS on that load order and replace your merged patch.

Thanks for the advice. My game still crashes, but I'm at least one step closer towards my goal.

Edited by nallik876

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well aside from FNVedit merge patches, does anyone have any advice on this particular load order? Because my game crashes every few minutes and I would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

You might have better luck with stability using NVEC -- just make sure to read up on all of the things it incorporates and remove any standalone mods that do the same thing. I will never recommend Mission Mojave to anyone, but it's another option. Also, run BOSS on that load order and replace your merged patch.

Why wouldn't you recommend Mission Mojave?

After applying a conflict filter on FNVedit, I found that the majority of my mods, and the DLC's, are in conflict with one another. Can anyone tell me how to merge them after creating an automatic merged patch? The FNVedit manual isn't as helpful as I thought it would be on resolving conflicts using merged patches. Edited by nallik876

Yes there is a very comprehensive manual for FNVEdit. You can download it here

Also, you said that your game is still crashing every 10-20 minutes even without your mods on. Have you have autosaving enabled? And does it crash at specific times/locations? Say when you are fighting a lot on enemies and there are a lot of things going on screen, or it crashes at random times? Keep in mind that as you keep adding more and more mods to your game, your save games will keep getting bigger. That's one cause of crashes.

Anyway, some solutions would be:

Reinstall the game

Deactivate some mods

Lower the graphics (that includes custom textures)

Create a merged patch in FNVEdit

Merge some of the tons of esps you have, using FNVEdit (careful: this is different from creating a merged patch but a great way of lowering your esp count)

Master updating in FNEdit

Starting a new game with some of your mods deactivated to find the culprit (or the most stable combination of mods)

Edited by bilarion

Can i also get some advice on this order.

Crashing as soon as i launch. Never played NV with mods, only Fallout 3 and that took me a while to get my head around.

FalloutNV.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

Inventory Access.esm

IWS-Core.esm

IWS-Core-Patrols.esp

IWS-Core-Guards.esp

IWS-Core-Civilians.esp

IWS-OWB.esp

Powered Power Armor.esp

EVE FNV.esp

Bobblehunt.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

SignatureWeapons.esp

Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp

Jump Fall Fixer.esp

Total active plugins: 16

Total plugins: 20

Edited by Grovsie28

Can i also get some advice on this order.

Crashing as soon as i launch. Never played NV with mods, only Fallout 3 and that took me a while to get my head around.

FalloutNV.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

Inventory Access.esm

IWS-Core.esm

IWS-Core-Patrols.esp

IWS-Core-Guards.esp

IWS-Core-Civilians.esp

IWS-OWB.esp

Powered Power Armor.esp

EVE FNV.esp

Bobblehunt.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

SignatureWeapons.esp

Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp

Jump Fall Fixer.esp

Total active plugins: 16

Total plugins: 20

Your problem is mod dependencies. That's the most common issue of startup crashes. The Powered Power Armor mod you have installed has an optional esp called Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp, which you use. Well, if you want to use that you have to download the Ambient Temperature mod, because it needs Ambient Temperature.esm loaded before it. So, either download this, or deactivate Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp. That's it!

Edited by bilarion

Also, you said that your game is still crashing every 10-20 minutes even without your mods on. Have you have autosaving enabled? And does it crash at specific times/locations? Say when you are fighting a lot on enemies and there are a lot of things going on screen, or it crashes at random times? Keep in mind that as you keep adding more and more mods to your game, your save games will keep getting bigger. That's one cause of crashes.

Reinstall the game

Deactivate some mods

Merge some of the tons of esps you have, using FNVEdit (careful: this is different from creating a merged patch but a great way of lowering your esp count)

Starting a new game with some of your mods deactivated to find the culprit (or the most stable combination of mods)

I already downloaded it. I also disabled my auto save feature and am using CASM instead. As for the crashing, it happens every 10-40 minutes and it doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. Also I didn't run completely modless. I had NMC's texture pack medium and the New Vegas enhanced content complete with New Vegas character expansions mod running.

Reinstall the game

Deactivate some mods

I already downloaded it. I also disabled my auto save feature and am using CASM instead. As for the crashing, it happens every 10-40 minutes and it doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. Also I didn't run completely modless. I had NMC's texture pack medium and the New Vegas enhanced content complete with New Vegas character expansions mod running.

Ok, first try to create a merged patch in FNVEdit and test the game stability. Then do a master update and test again. Then post the results. If you need any help with these tell me.