Crash on loading save

FrackGod

Hello, I recently started a new game with roughly 200 mods and about 140 plugins. After about 10 hours or so of the game running perfectly with absolutely no problems, I was on the Diplomatic Immunity quest and my game suddenly crashed after I was killed. Trying to load the save(s) that I had all caused my game to CTD, multiple saves on a game that had no problems until this point. I have not removed or even added any mods to my load order and I used LOOT and Wrye Bash before starting the playthrough. I'd really appreciate any help because I'm completely at a loss. Thank you.

Sounds like you might have two or more mods conflicting with that area.
Check and see if you have some that are overlapping the same cell area, It’s going to be long and tedious, but if you think you do, disable them and try again.
The ones I’ve seen generally are multiple weather and scenery mods that will give troubles in certain areas.

Loot is good, but not perfect for load order, you still need to fine tune it.

Sounds like you might have two or more mods conflicting with that area.

Check and see if you have some that are overlapping the same cell area, It’s going to be long and tedious, but if you think you do, disable them and try again.

The ones I’ve seen generally are multiple weather and scenery mods that will give troubles in certain areas.

Loot is good, but not perfect for load order, you still need to fine tune it.

Thank you for the response, everything was going fine until I loaded into Elenwen's Solar. Not sure exactly how to check for overlapping cell areas, how do I go about that? I'm not a newbie but I still have plenty to learn...

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner, been stuck out of town without a computer.

Anyway, I’d venture a guess you have two or more mods conflicting in the same area, more than likely something that mods internal areas like dungeons.
Could be something as simple as a furniture or lighting mod.
It’s hard to guess without knowing what mods you have loaded.

Your best bet would be to ignore mods that affect NPCS, armor, weapons, and the like, concentrate on those that change inside and localized areas.

I know open Cities tends to be rather touchy and can cause all sorts of conflict issues.
You can disable (not delete) those mods and see if it changes your ability to run the game, if you can then run the game, start adding a few of the disabled mods back in at a time and play a couple of real world hours, continue doing that till you start having problems again, that’ll tell you what mod(s) are causing the issue.

If that doesn’t work, then you’ll have to probably do the same thing with all your mods, and that will be a pain!

Also, are you running FNIS, have you checked to make sure none of your mods are from oldrim?

Some mods from the old game will work, others are nothing but problems in certain areas.

Also, you might want to try a script cleaner like this one...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031/?

Edited by Gunslinger808

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner, been stuck out of town without a computer.

Anyway, I’d venture a guess you have two or more mods conflicting in the same area, more than likely something that mods internal areas like dungeons.

Could be something as simple as a furniture or lighting mod.

It’s hard to guess without knowing what mods you have loaded.

Your best bet would be to ignore mods that affect NPCS, armor, weapons, and the like, concentrate on those that change inside and localized areas.

I know open Cities tends to be rather touchy and can cause all sorts of conflict issues.

You can disable (not delete) those mods and see if it changes your ability to run the game, if you can then run the game, start adding a few of the disabled mods back in at a time and play a couple of real world hours, continue doing that till you start having problems again, that’ll tell you what mod(s) are causing the issue.

If that doesn’t work, then you’ll have to probably do the same thing with all your mods, and that will be a pain!

Also, are you running FNIS, have you checked to make sure none of your mods are from oldrim?

Some mods from the old game will work, others are nothing but problems in certain areas.

Also, you might want to try a script cleaner like this one...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031/?

No problem on the timeline, thanks for the help regardless. If you want, I could give you my load order but I understand that's asking for a lot and you don't have to look it over. Luckily I don't use Open Cities anymore because I've always had problems with it and with an SSD like mine I'd rather just wait half a second instead of crash halfway through a playthrough. So it isn't that. I would disable suspect mods if I could but weirdly I started a new character since my original post and have gotten pretty far compared to recent attempts, level 32 with no crashes, finished many main questlines and put quite a bit of time into it with no problems so... who knows what's going on. I am running FNIS and I enabled the FNIS checker option so that whenever I install a new mod that alters/ adds new FNIS animations it automatically reruns FNIS to add them, additionally I don't have a whole lot of animations installed, only like 90 or so in total and they're very minor. I love ReSaver and use it with all of my saves, I'm just a little confused on how often I should be using it? only when there's an actual problem? or regularly? The one thing I have in fact changed this time around with my new attempted character is that I disabled autosave because I read that Bethesda was kind enough to f*ck up even their autosave system and make it cause crashes. After disabling (knock on wood) I haven't had a single problem on this character since. Once again, thank you for the help and I'm curious to know how often you utilize ReSaver throughout your characters.