Help! Daisy Whitmen gone Mad!

Rossco198207

For some unknown reason when I arrived at Novac after I installed xre cars, attacks me on site. I thought it was maybe I had Veronica in my party, but I loaded another save , dismissed Veronica and Daisy attacked me anyway without a reason.

Trie to resurrect her via command line and was instucted to push the ~ key and click on her corpse to get her ref. Id but my name only shows and it plain doesn't seem to do anything. I wanted to do the enclave quest but now I cant.

Confused and frustrated.

Open the console. Left click on the corpse. Her name and ref. Id. will show at the top of the screen. Make sure it is correct!

You then type resurrect and press enter. Then exit the console.

Let's verify this step-by-step.

1. When you press the "~" key (or any of the alternate keyboard keys listed in this article), you should see a blank line and a blinking underscore character at the beginning of the line in the lower left corner of your screen. That is the console window. If you don't see that, then you did not open the console.

2. Once the console window is open you have to <Left-Click> (or whatever is your "primary"/firing mouse button) on the corpse you want to resurrect. If you do not target the corpse correctly, then you will not get a response. (If YOUR character name appears, then you targeted the wrong actor. The "pointy tip" of the cursor is the important "targeting" part. Anywhere on the body works.)

3a. If you did target it correctly then there should appear the "actor name" and "ref-id" (an 8-character alphanumeric string: "0015a373" in the case of Daisy) will appear. Without that information appearing, the console has no idea as to which actor you want to resurrect.

3b. With that "ref-id" information you can also use the console command "prid 0015a373" to specify that the next command ("resurrect" in this case) applies to that specific actor instead of clicking on them. (You can drop the leading zeros, but the rest of the ref-id has to match exactly.)

4. Afterwards, tap the "~" (or whichever key opened the console) again to close it. (It's a toggle,)

If this still doesn't work, then we need to know more detail about how you are running: Steam or GOG, regional language, if you have a "non-US standard" keyboard or are using a gamepad instead, etc., and exactly at which point you are failing.

-Dubious-

• 7 months later...

you know it sooooo helpful when you look down your nose at people.

Nobody is looking down their nose at you. Going step by step through something and retracing through steps that may seem mostly obvious to you is just a method to make sure that everyone is on the same page and insures that something simple wasn't accidentally missed. It's a good first step in troubleshooting.

We are not tech support. We are not paid to help you. We don't owe you anything. People who respond here are volunteering their own time just to be friendly and helpful. If you keep being sarcastic and snotty to someone who is volunteering their own time to help you out then people are going to be much more reluctant to help you in the future.

I can't speak for Dubious, but if you had said something like that to me, then you would never get any help from me about anything ever again. Dubious is one of the more helpful people around here, and you were rude to him.

This is a community. We help each other out. Don't be a jerk.

(just my 2 cents as another community member)

He didn't insult you. You didn't defend yourself. You attacked someone who was trying to help you.

As for whose business it is, this is a public forum. It's everyone's business. If you wanted a private conversation, you shouldn't have posted it in public.

And like I said, you keep acting like a jerk, and people around here aren't going to want to help you.