Keep getting redirected from Nexusmods.com to different website?

tommyboy2159

Everytime I load up nexusmods.com everything works fine untill I press the download button on any mod. It redirects me offsite and tells me I need to install some flash player. I went to download the file and my antivirus went crazy and block the download telling me it's adware.

Nexus website is the only site to redirect me all other websites are fine. I already have flash player installed and I've never experienced this issue when downloading mods from the website before.

So just to be clear the website loads fine and I can view and search for mods fine. Only when I press the download button for any mod I get redirected to a different website entirely and the mod never downloads.

I press the download button on this site: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1?tab=files

And get redirected to here: https://performuberrecentapplication.best/LBTQCzGqg5h3YfzByt4Swfca-Nbh2_A3KOR4bstxfEE?cid=wg9kk7u7ftuttnf0ifgsefpq&sid=google

Any idea what on earth is going on? Thanks.

I cannot reproduce this issue and I have tried several accounts. Can anyone else?

If no one else has this issue then it's likely to be some adware/malware on your PC or a malicious plugin in your browser.

It keeps happening. No idea why. I thought it could be a virus but it only happens on Nexus mods. I've downloaded stuff from other sites before and after this issue without being redirected anywhere. I have got Kaspersky so I guess I'll do a scan with that and see if it finds anything.

Thanks for replying by the way I appreciate it.

Just curious do you know anything about that site I get redirected to? (https://performuberrecentapplication.best/LBTQCzGqg5h3YfzByt4Swfca-Nbh2_A3KOR4bstxfEE?cid=wg9kk7u7ftuttnf0ifgsefpq&sid=google) Is it related to Nexus Mods in anyway? It keeps sending me there when I get to the download page.

Thanks everyone for your replies. From what I've read it must be some sort of virus I've managed to get hold off.

Definitely going to do a full scan tonight to see if my anti-virus can pick up any type of virus on my pc.

Edited by tommyboy2159

I can now replicate this issue. I believe it is a malicious redirect advert as it happens while browsing Nexus Mods on Edge and have contacted our supplier to have it fixed ASAP.

I tried to log on to Nexus Mods today using IE, and the following suspicious-looking ad appeared. The ad prevented the LOGIN button from working until I clicked the X to make the ad go away.

Capture.png