Skyrim SE CTD when starting new game

mountainhawk

Hey everyone. Been playing Skyrim (with mods) for a long time, but this is the first time I've tried running Skyrim SE on my pc. So, that said, I tested launching the game totally vanilla (no mods enabled) through both the desktop (Steam) and Vortex, and the game starts up and runs just fine. Then, I enabled about a dozen mods that have always worked together in the past on Skyrim LE, but I get a CTD immediately after selecting "new game". I don't think I have any mod conflicts, so i suspect it might be a different kind of problem. Here are the mods I have enabled...

SKSE 2.0.17

Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch 4.1.5a

Racemenu SE 0.2.7

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v1.5.7

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio 5.0.7

R246 racemenu presets

Girly Animation v1.2

Better Female Eyebrows 1.2

LF CBBE Custom Body Preset

KS Hairdos SSE - Female 1.7.0

The Eyes of Beauty - Player 1.0.0

This should be just enough to get the game going, and if I can solve the CTD problem, I can enable other mods. So, the questions I have here...is this a load order problem? Vortex seems to be fine with it. Am I missing a critical mod? I double-checked all of the "requirements" for these mods and unless I totally missed something, I should have everything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Are all your installed mods SE mods? Since you have a very small listing AND are still getting CTDs, that's where I'd start.

Also, tedious as it may be, I'd recommend installing one by one rather than in blocks, checking the game in between each install.

Ok, now this is really strange...I decided to launch SE using Vortex with NO mods enabled, and it CTD anyway when selecting new game. I guess the next step would be to totally uninstall SE and start over.

***EDIT...seems I was able to fix this with a TOTAL reinstall. I used Steam to uninstall the game, then went in and hand deleted every single Skyrim SE folder that I could find. Reinstalled the game and now it runs with mods. I am gradually adding my mods back in one at a time, and so far, most things seems to be fine. however, there is an issue with RaceMenu errors, but if it's ok, I think I'll make a new topic on that one so it doesn't get lost.

Edited by mountainhawk