[LE] Nifskope - Block Nesting & Emissive Textures

So I have just started modding and managed to get a sword and its textures I had modeled a while ago into the game, however as I anticipated I am having trouble getting one of my textures to work properly; it is an emissive texture, aka a glow-map. While the normal, base color, and occlusion/metallic maps are working fine, the emissive texture is not. Attached is how the sword appears rendered in Unreal 4, and how, if possible, I would like it to appear in Skyrim. I have tried using a "NiMaterialProperty" block within NifSkope in order to use the emissive property, but I can't figure out how to nest this block within the existing "NiTriShape" block.

I have looked up and down trying to find decent tutorials on this matter or if someone else has had a similar issue, but so far not much has worked. I would appreciate any and all help.

- As i can understand you are trying to add the "Glow Shader" to the existing 'NiTriShape' that it has already an "Environmental Map".

- "Glow Shader" to work needs to be on its own 'NiTriShape'.

- You cannot have an "Environmental Map" and a "Glow Shader" in the same 'NiTriShape' = 'BSLightingShaderProperty'.

If it is your own custom made mesh, then just make that part of the mesh that will use the "Glow Shader" a separate part of the mesh, so that it can use its own 'BSLightingShaderProperty'.

Edited by maxarturo

- As i can understand you are trying to add the "Glow Shader" to the existing 'NiTriShape' that it has already an "Environmental Map".
- "Glow Shader" to work needs to be on its own 'NiTriShape'.
- You cannot have an "Environmental Map" and a "Glow Shader" in the same 'NiTriShape' = 'BSLightingShaderProperty'.
If it is your own custom made mesh, then just make that part of the mesh that will use the "Glow Shader" a separate part of the mesh, so that it can use its own 'BSLightingShaderProperty'.

This is a dumb question, but how and where within the block list does this glow shader need to appear? Could I just duplicate the existing NiTriShape for the sword and only apply the glowmap to the duplicate or would that cause issues? Half the battle with this is figuring out how NifSkope works; as I previously stated I have no idea how to move one child block into a parent block, which seems to be a part of the problem.

We could talk for hours here and in the end we might get nowhere.

A simple and fast way for you to understand is to open the "Daedric Sword" and see by yourself how the 'nif' it is made and how it is handling both "Glow Shaders" and "Environmental Map".

* You seem like a smart guy, it won't take more than 5min to get it.

You're giving me too much credit lol. I did manage to get partially it working, but only by adjusting the alpha of the second NiTriShape. I guess I'l keep trying to brute force it in the mean time. Thank you for the help all the same.

Edited by WolfeSpeider