Will this run Skyrim SE while heavily modded?

I'm an Intel guy. Is that Ryzen chip equivalent (or close) to a 9700k 3.6GHz chip?

If so, you machine resembles my Intel machine, and I'd say "yes" or a qualified yes.

Laptop or desktop? Laptops can be poor performers on high-test software due to their nature as power misers (by design). But some *do use them. Personally... I just had no luck using my laptop, even though it *appeared to be an acceptable config. It just wasn't able to deliver, even if the "paper" said it should be able to.

yes it is possible, if... your frame rate depends on so many factors and settings that this may work with your hadware - but not guaranteed.

some dependencies:

cpu is definitely capable and sufficient!

- ini settings (it is not only about ultra!)

- kind and number of mods

- graphics settings apart from resolution (the GPU and only 4GB VRAM will probably be the bottleneck if you like HD textures, my 3k setup ulilizes sometimes the full 11GB vram of my 1080ti so would recommend at least a gtx 1660 gddr6)

- 16 GB ram is the minimun for ultra and heavily modded!

- proper ram chip installation and configuration

- proper cpu and gpu cooling

- enb settings

- reshade settings

Your GPU and RAM would probably bottleneck the experience a bit if you mod the game very heavily. Light-moderately modded Skyrim on Ultra might be more realistic, or see if you can convince yourself to lower the graphical setting to High instead.

I have the same processor as you, overclocked to 4.2ghz, but also have an RTX 2060 Super with 8GB GDDR6 RAM, as well as 32GB of DDR4 RAM. Even with this configuration, using a pretty intensive ENB would probably make my game stutter every now and then. Overall just consider adapting your expectations to what hardware you have. :smile:

*edit to fix a typo

Edited by Veanil