hold miscellaneous objects in hands, especially food or tools

blkwhtrbbt

The idea would be to make some junk items and tools and food holdable or equipable.

We see NPCs sit down and pull out a mug of drink and drink from that. We see NPCs sweep the floor with brooms. We see NPCs like Desdemona smoke.

I want to be able to equip items like coffee cups, bottles of water or nuka cola, or hammers, or brooms, or such, and then click mouse/press trigger to activate the animation that NPCs use to consume or use said item.

So if I equip a broom, Sole Survivor simply holds it. If I press trigger or click mouse, Sole Survivor does the sweeping animation. If I equip a bowl of noodles, Sole Survivor holds it in hands. If I press trigger or click, Sole Survivor does the "eating a bowls of noodles" animation.

cigarettes, water, soda, etc, etc etc.

Think Read Dead Redemption 2, whenever you get a bowl of soup at camp, or a mug of coffee.

It FEELS better when it's like that, when someone offers you a drink, you drink with them. You eat with your family, etc.

Rather than just bolt everything down and then sit around watching everyone else eat and drink.

I've requested this before with tools, citing the pipe wrench and tire iron.

A nice added benefit would be the ability to hang them up.

I've wanted a compromise between 'drinking together' and consuming things the vanilla way.

Maybe the animations don't trigger when in 'Danger'?