Tiny Mod Request

autumnsky38

Hi there. I thought Iâd request another mod while Iâm up playing Oblivion. I love tiny spaces, and in the game my favorite place to âhideâ is in the closet at the Lonely Suitor. I love the idea of having it be my tiny âhouseâ mod, with a candle on the left as youâre looking at the doors, a very small shelf with a book or two on the right, a small painting/safe on the wall behind me, and a bedroll standing straight up on the wall behind me as well. Plus a good lock spell to make my character feel safe.

I know that you guys are busy and need to make mods that are wanted by many members, but this is such a small, quick thing I thought Iâd ask. ð

I know someone will tell me to learn to mod and do this myself, but tbh, I donât have the time right now. (Iâm my Dads caregiver and so Iâm always on duty so to speak except for a few hours before bed which is my game time.)

Anyway, thanks for reading this and considering it. I really appreciate it. ð

Tracy

Try this out and let me know if it works for you: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/50287

I promise the shelves work, but they can be kind of finicky (hard to get them out far enough to hold stuff without blocking you from going in). I marked the bedroll and chest as player owned, and the chest is safe for storage. I also added a few books to the chest since havok can be unreliable on the shelves.

I also added a rug just cause it seemed like it fit :)

Hi again. This works great! I love the painting and the rug, and the candle of course, and the hidden strorage above the bedroll. I love this-I'm so tickled to have it and it was so nice of you to make it for me. : )

btw, I was thinking about the shelves and as you mentioned the havok and I realized I don't know how to put books on shelves anyway (lol) could I have you remove them and then I'll just put books up in the chest?

Thanks so much,
Tracy

If you put your cursor on an item (outside of your inventory of course) then clck and hold the z key you grab it and can move it around in the game world. KingTitan is absolutely right about the Havok physics engine though. If you put stuff on the shelf it will often go ricochetting around when you open the closet doors (not to mention how frustrating it is trying to move one thing without knocking everything else off while trying ... books are one of the worst).

If you wanted you could just use the console to disable the shelf. Open the console (default is the tilde (~) key just below the Esc key on standard keyboards ... it works as a toggle so one press of ~ opens the console and the next closes it again) and click on the shelf. Take the time to write down the reference ID (refID) of the shelf (all of the hexadecimal digits, including the first two which are the mod index of the ESP in your load order). With the refID displayed at the top of the screen type "disable" (no quote marks) and hit Enter. The shelf will no longer be there.

If you ever wanted it back then just open the console use the following console commands (no need to click on anything first):

prid <refID number you wrote down> Enter

enable Enter

The shelf will now be right back where it was.