HUDframework xml banner --- Any help would be greatly appreciated

PokemonButcher

Hello,

Every time that I have installed HUDframework for fallout 4 (without any sorting mods or Def_UI) for the functionality of a few mods that make use of widgets, I end up getting an intrusive banner warning across my screen informing me: "Make configuration xml with config app. Please run hudmenuset.exe from data interface folder". No matter how many times I uninstall all of my mods, then reinstall the game, I cannot make this go away with HUDframework installed (even when I haven't installed any other mods that require it or otherwise.

Incidentally, the mods that I am using are not compatible with Def_UI and most sorting mods

I have been looking all over reddit, as well as the mod's posts, for a solution, but I have come up empty-handed and fairly exasperated. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/52947486?tab=user+images

are you saying that whenever you start a new game, that intrusive banner shows up? or

are you loading your old savegame?

I uninstall all mods, and completely reinstall a new game deleting all of my old save files in the process. I start the game up without any mods to initialize it and it works as it is supposed to. Then, I install F4SE and Start Me Up. Once I am outside of Vault 111, I install HUDFramework. The moment that I boot up the newly created save game outside the vault, that banner appears. This is with only F4SE, Start Me Up, and HUDFramework installed.

Reinstall HUD Framework and choose the Vanilla hud layout. The banner is appearing because the game/mod is looking for hud layout that's not actually there. You can also make your own layout but I don't know much about that.

Reinstall HUD Framework and choose the Vanilla hud layout. The banner is appearing because the game/mod is looking for hud layout that's not actually there. You can also make your own layout but I don't know much about that.

How would one "choose the Vanilla hud layout"? There is only one download file for HUDFramework and it doesn't have a FOMOD options menu upon installation.

How would one "choose the Vanilla hud layout"? There is only one download file for HUDFramework and it doesn't have a FOMOD options menu upon installation.

Sorry, my bad I meant DEF_UI not HUD Framework. In the FOMOD installer it should ask you to choose a layout and gives you 2 options one's called 'Vanilla' the other I don't remember the exact wording. This fixed the issue for me when I did it.