Is it possible to make cbbe armor mods work with custom racemenu cbbe bodies?

NotAZombie4

I am pretty new to the Skyrim modding scene, so this might be a simple question. I thought it would be weird if everyone in Skyrim had the same body as my character's, and I liked some of the other features of Racemenu, so I made my body in the racemenu instead of Bodyslide or anything like that. Armor from vanilla Skyrim fits my body perfectly, but my body morphs back to the default body whenever I equip most armors from other mods.

Is there a way to get armor from these mods to fit on my character properly without making a new body that overrides every other female body in the game? I have to assume there is a way because the game seems to have refitted all of the the vanilla armors for my custom body automatically, but I am not sure how I would go about refitting the other armors for the same body manually.

Edited by NotAZombie4

The reason your body "morphs" when you don many CBBE armors is because they use the CBBE zeroed body (or some modded cbbe ) as their template. I'ts not really morphing, it's being replaced outright. Your "armor" is actually armor+reference body in most cases, at least for the main body piece, footwear, and armwear. Not all, but most I've downloaded.

I have a CBBE-3BBB body on my female character. When I put anything on (with a very few exceptions), it swaps my body (literally) for whatever reference body its author chose to use. So since most of what I have is CBBE based armor/clothing, I have a CBBE stock body when wearing it. The hips change shape, the breasts change shape and size, and the legs change shape. And that shape is most often the zeroed CBBE body.

Even when we get an armor with a bodyslide, it's most often a CBBE bodyslide, (yes kids I'm fully aware there are a handful of 3BBB slides as well as BHUNP) so unless one uses a CBBE body to start, if it has any middrift or other skin showing, and you've spent any substantial time tweaking your female model, you'll probably notice it doesn't quite look right when you switch between nude and clothed... because it isn't.

it's possible that you could change out an armor's reference body for the type you use, and even to provide bodyslides from armors that don't have them, but tbh, I'm not sure how to do that yet. However, those changes would be across the board, just as they are when you use a bodyslide for any armor that other characters might use.

To do what you're considering, I think you'd have to make a clone mod for that armor, then edit the internals to rename the items and so forth (basically making an entirely new armor that simply loos like the other). well above my knowledge to even approach discussing it.

In fact, since I have BHUNP followers and I'm CBBE-3BBB, I've been wondering how to convince authors to make their different versions (they're often provided in multiple files (Only install one!) actually different, so that we're not confined to one body type usage, but again, the sticky is in the details, and I don't know the details.