Would it matter IF ...

jjb54

heyyou, please be cautious with your so called facts. it seems to me more a mix of guesses and alternative information and putting this stuff together with some fragments out of context presenting them as your facts. this is far away form delivering proven facts and it is really exhausting. i don't know if you try to copy the trump method to present fragments of facts the way that one can think some said the opposite of what he really said. trump does that kind of manipulation even on twitter. seems you like this method.

i'm sorry, this way a debate makes no sense for me because we do not try to exchange serious arguments but instead one of us tries to find a platform for spreading alternative facts.

so i`m out. i already said what has to be said from my side.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what facts are you second guessing? Just throwing a blanket statement out there doesn't exactly help.

If you disagree with what I am presenting, then show me a counter-argument. Don't just accuse me of spreading misinformation, and then bow out. That's not a debate, that's admitting you don't have a counter-argument.

heyyou, i hoped you get the problem: we are as close as possible together but it seems it is still a universe between us. it is the same as with the one we do not want to call the name :wink:. i respect your position but it seems i live in another reality. in this reality blm has it's place and everyone should think twice before discrediting it in a global context.

Wow...@HeyYou

Basically everything you wrote is so blatantly filled with falsehoods and misdirections, is devoid of any context, and is filled with such far-right talking points that I doubt you did any of your own research outside of regurgitating what you heard on Fox News or read on Right-Wing news sites. And honestly if these points weren't so toxic or have far-reaching consequences for people like me, I'd have just ignored it. I'm not going to change your mind, you and people like jjb54 aren't here to debate, you just want to validate your positions. You don't want your minds changed because you already made up your mind on the topic.

However, for people who are just stepping into this and don't know a lot about these topics, I'm going to dispel a lot these talking points, provide context, and hopefully point you in the direction of doing your own research on these topics. Because having these viewpoints, when devoid of context, or proper understanding of the statistics behind them can be dangerous.

Black lives matter.... but, it seems, only when they are killed by police.

First of all, good job trying to deflect what the movement is about. Maybe this works with people who don't do their own research but not here. The Black Lives Matter movement and organization is mainly about addressing systematic racism and police brutality not about general crime. I'm not going to address this further because it's a dumb talking point and common deflection tactic by people against BLM.

In the US, on average, cops kill about 200 blacks per year. Right around 500 whites are killed per year. Given that the press rarely reports about a white guy getting shot, it seems they are trying to give the impression that it doesn't happen. A tiny percentage of shootings are NOT justified. (maybe that should be "deaths at the hands of the police, as not all of them were shot.....) But, regardless of circumstances, if a black is killed, it makes the news, and the protestors come out in droves. If a white is killed..... crickets. Keep in mind, a fair few of the folks shot by police, are shot by black officers....... So, are we to believe that every white shot by a cop is justified? I find that highly unlikely.......

First of all, BLM doesn't control the media. They respond to the events as they happen, and when they don't protest out on the streets they definitely do so on social media. Regardless this is making three false assumptions:

1. That cop kills white people at a higher rate and percentage than black people. False. Statistics showcase that black Americans are killed at a significantly higher rate than white Americans, and still higher than any other minority. Also yes, by numbers more white people are killed, but that's only because you have a literal higher percentage of people. I shouldn't have to be teaching you basic math, learn how statistics, rates of change, and percentages work before you start spouting numbers. Because you clearly don't understand the math behind this, or are purposefully leaving that out to get your point across. As for rates, they are killed at a much higher percentage, in fact white people are killed at only 13 per million while blacks at 31 per million. So while white people may have more numbers, that's simply a population and percentage issue. 5% of 196,943,713 (the number of white people in America) will always be a large number.That's simple math. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.
  2. That BLM doesn't care about police brutality as a whole. We do. It's in our mission statement: We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others. Like they say, we are dealing with our issues first as a community because nobody else will, but by dealing with these issue, we'll be able to apply that freedom and justice to others.
  3. That BLM cares about the color of the cop abusing their power. No one in this movement has ever said that we give black cops the benefit of the doubt. You pulled that out of your ass and are acting like it's a position the movement holds.

BLM also likes to say that black on black crime isn't the issue here. But, isn't that the underlying issue behind cops being more inclined to shoot black folks? Black are around 13% of the population, yet they account for better than 50% of violent crime....... Not to mention that almost every victim has had a pretty significant history with the police in any event. Most have been convicted felons, that have been in and out of prison...... some, several times. So, maybe the fact that blacks seem to be more inclined toward crime has something to do with the way police interact with them?

It isn't the issue here. We are talking about police brutality, murder by police, and abuse of power by law enforcement. Not legitimate crimes. I will no longer address that point, because we both know that has nothing to do with BLM. As for the statistics on violent crime. We account for that much crime because we are disproportionately poor. Crime rates increase due to the level of poverty. Yet the way you word your statistics are as though it's because black people are inherently violent. That is not the case. Whether the victim has history with the police is never a justification for abuse of power or shooting unarmed people. So no, because poor people happen to be more likely to commit a crime doesn't mean officers should have the right to treat every single black person they come across as though they are. BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE ARE NOT INHERENTLY VIOLENT.

BLM also claims that 'black culture' in the inner cities isn't the issue....... but, once again, that rings rather false. When your entire culture glorifies the thug life, killing cops, 'sticking it to the man', etc...... teaches their children mistrust of the police, or any authority figure for that matter, how do you expect interactions with said groups are going to go? Unless/until THAT changes, nothing else is going to change either.

You gotta love when people who aren't part of our culture, tell us, what our culture means and what it does. We don't glorify killing cops or being thugs, "Thug Life" is just something that the media held on to. The problem is companies like BET were bought out from their black owners, and the new white owners started blacklisting artists who had stuff to say about their music. The biggest rappers in our culture, rarely glorify the thug life. And yet, even if we assume you are correct. Where are all these black people shooting up the cops, whenever a cop stops them. Isn't it the other way around....almost like....cops are taught that black people want them dead? Huh. I wonder how interactions with black people will go when cops are trained to think black people want them all dead? And yes, we tell kids to be wary of police, because guess what? They treat us like s***, shoot us when we are unarmed, and try to arrest us for the simple crime of being black in America. But we don't teach children, to fight them or hate them. The kids themselves ended up harboring that hate because of the abuse they faced from cops.

The same crowd screams about 'economic disadvantage'.... and how no one seems to want to open a business in their neighborhoods..... But, when their favorite response to a black person being killed by cops is burning down their own neighborhood, and looting/destroying businesses, is it any wonder folks don't want to open a business there? Not to mention the crime rate in said neighborhoods.... Why would anyone in their right mind want to open a business there????

Oh yeah. Because the looting that is going on now, of which BLM does not officially support, and many times has actually been shown to be deep cover white supremacists or cops, is why business 5 - 10 years ago didn't set up their shops here. Nope, it has nothing to do with systematic racism, redlining, poor neighborhoods, etc. Nope, its the rioting that we do all the time, every day, 24/7. Cuz that's what black people do. /s

And then there is 'profiling'. When the police do it, it seems it is a 'bad' thing.... but, when insurance companies do it, its perfectly ok. Along with a selection of other businesses....... Why is that?

What? I don't even know what you're on about and I don't even think you know what you are on about. So I'm going to ignore this non-sequitur or straw-man because it has nothing to do with BLM or this conversation.

BLM seems to want others to solve their problems. But, the problem becomes, until the underlying issues are addressed, that BLM denies ARE issues, there isn't going to be a solution. Same goes for the inner cities. Until the folks that actually LIVE there take steps to point their culture in a different direction, nothing there is going to change either. It simply cannot be forced by people from the outside. We have already more than adequately proven that.......

First of all, BLM is solving their own problem. You just haven't done any research outside your right-wing hug box that you don't know it. They are currently fighting for many laws to be passed or revoked, have proposed numerous bills, and even got a few laws put into place. So yeah, I'd say they are doing the best they can. Which brings us to the next point. African Americans are a minority in America, of course we need other people to help us get things passed, we don't have the numbers. So the best we can do is try to get as many laws passed as possible, while spreading the word to gain more support from people outside our ethnicity. You know....like we are doing now. You have adequately proven nothing. You've just regurgitated debunked right-wing talking points because you haven't done your own research on these topics.

So no. I do not support BLM. An organization that was founded by marxists, and a convicted terrorist. They are in denial about the root source of their problems, which blows their credibility right out of the water.

I guess in your made up world we are a terrorist organization, even though nobody recognizes us as such. Only you and your right-wing friends on Fox. But you know the actual people who hunt, find, stop, and root out terrorism. They all agree we aren't. But then again, from your other posts, you don't listen to experts so Cis La Vis. Just call anything you don't like a terrorist movement. As for the Marxist thing, yeah. We are. Because the American system has failed us completely. So if playing democratically didn't work, and Republicans are just going to keep fighting to keep the status quo. We move to more left-leaning ideologies, because perhaps those systems will work.

Sources:

Edited by Shadowheart328

Black lives matter.... but, it seems, only when they are killed by police.

First of all, good job trying to deflect what the movement is about. Maybe this works with people who don't do their own research but not here. The Black Lives Matter movement and organization is mainly about addressing systematic racism and police brutality not about general crime. I'm not going to address this further because it's a dumb talking point and common deflection tactic by people against BLM.

In the US, on average, cops kill about 200 blacks per year. Right around 500 whites are killed per year. Given that the press rarely reports about a white guy getting shot, it seems they are trying to give the impression that it doesn't happen. A tiny percentage of shootings are NOT justified. (maybe that should be "deaths at the hands of the police, as not all of them were shot.....) But, regardless of circumstances, if a black is killed, it makes the news, and the protestors come out in droves. If a white is killed..... crickets. Keep in mind, a fair few of the folks shot by police, are shot by black officers....... So, are we to believe that every white shot by a cop is justified? I find that highly unlikely.......

First of all, BLM doesn't control the media. They respond to the events as they happen, and when they don't protest out on the streets they definitely do so on social media. Regardless this is making three false assumptions:

1. That cop kills white people at a higher rate and percentage than black people. False. Statistics showcase that black Americans are killed at a significantly higher rate than white Americans, and still higher than any other minority. Also yes, by numbers more white people are killed, but that's only because you have a literal higher percentage of people. I shouldn't have to be teaching you basic math, learn how statistics, rates of change, and percentages work before you start spouting numbers. Because you clearly don't understand the math behind this, or are purposefully leaving that out to get your point across. As for rates, they are killed at a much higher percentage, in fact white people are killed at only 13 per million while blacks at 31 per million. So while white people may have more numbers, that's simply a population and percentage issue. 5% of 196,943,713 (the number of white people in America) will always be a large number.That's simple math. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.
  2. That BLM doesn't care about police brutality as a whole. We do. It's in our mission statement: We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others. Like they say, we are dealing with our issues first as a community because nobody else will, but by dealing with these issue, we'll be able to apply that freedom and justice to others.
  3. That BLM cares about the color of the cop abusing their power. No one in this movement has ever said that we give black cops the benefit of the doubt. You pulled that out of your ass and are acting like it's a position the movement holds.

BLM also likes to say that black on black crime isn't the issue here. But, isn't that the underlying issue behind cops being more inclined to shoot black folks? Black are around 13% of the population, yet they account for better than 50% of violent crime....... Not to mention that almost every victim has had a pretty significant history with the police in any event. Most have been convicted felons, that have been in and out of prison...... some, several times. So, maybe the fact that blacks seem to be more inclined toward crime has something to do with the way police interact with them?

It isn't the issue here. We are talking about police brutality, murder by police, and abuse of power by law enforcement. Not legitimate crimes. I will no longer address that point, because we both know that has nothing to do with BLM. As for the statistics on violent crime. We account for that much crime because we are disproportionately poor. Crime rates increase due to the level of poverty. Yet the way you word your statistics are as though it's because black people are inherently violent. That is not the case. Whether the victim has history with the police is never a justification for abuse of power or shooting unarmed people. So no, because poor people happen to be more likely to commit a crime doesn't mean officers should have the right to treat every single black person they come across as though they are. BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE ARE NOT INHERENTLY VIOLENT.

BLM also claims that 'black culture' in the inner cities isn't the issue....... but, once again, that rings rather false. When your entire culture glorifies the thug life, killing cops, 'sticking it to the man', etc...... teaches their children mistrust of the police, or any authority figure for that matter, how do you expect interactions with said groups are going to go? Unless/until THAT changes, nothing else is going to change either.

You gotta love when people who aren't part of our culture, tell us, what our culture means and what it does. We don't glorify killing cops or being thugs, "Thug Life" is just something that the media held on to. The problem is companies like BET were bought out from their black owners, and the new white owners started blacklisting artists who had stuff to say about their music. The biggest rappers in our culture, rarely glorify the thug life. And yet, even if we assume you are correct. Where are all these black people shooting up the cops, whenever a cop stops them. Isn't it the other way around....almost like....cops are taught that black people want them dead? Huh. I wonder how interactions with black people will go when cops are trained to think black people want them all dead? And yes, we tell kids to be wary of police, because guess what? They treat us like s***, shoot us when we are unarmed, and try to arrest us for the simple crime of being black in America. But we don't teach children, to fight them or hate them. The kids themselves ended up harboring that hate because of the abuse they faced from cops.

The same crowd screams about 'economic disadvantage'.... and how no one seems to want to open a business in their neighborhoods..... But, when their favorite response to a black person being killed by cops is burning down their own neighborhood, and looting/destroying businesses, is it any wonder folks don't want to open a business there? Not to mention the crime rate in said neighborhoods.... Why would anyone in their right mind want to open a business there????

Oh yeah. Because the looting that is going on now, of which BLM does not officially support, and many times has actually been shown to be deep cover white supremacists or cops, is why business 5 - 10 years ago didn't set up their shops here. Nope, it has nothing to do with systematic racism, redlining, poor neighborhoods, etc. Nope, its the rioting that we do all the time, every day, 24/7. Cuz that's what black people do. /s

And then there is 'profiling'. When the police do it, it seems it is a 'bad' thing.... but, when insurance companies do it, its perfectly ok. Along with a selection of other businesses....... Why is that?

What? I don't even know what you're on about and I don't even think you know what you are on about. So I'm going to ignore this non-sequitur or straw-man because it has nothing to do with BLM or this conversation.

BLM seems to want others to solve their problems. But, the problem becomes, until the underlying issues are addressed, that BLM denies ARE issues, there isn't going to be a solution. Same goes for the inner cities. Until the folks that actually LIVE there take steps to point their culture in a different direction, nothing there is going to change either. It simply cannot be forced by people from the outside. We have already more than adequately proven that.......

First of all, BLM is solving their own problem. You just haven't done any research outside your right-wing hug box that you don't know it. They are currently fighting for many laws to be passed or revoked, have proposed numerous bills, and even got a few laws put into place. So yeah, I'd say they are doing the best they can. Which brings us to the next point. African Americans are a minority in America, of course we need other people to help us get things passed, we don't have the numbers. So the best we can do is try to get as many laws passed as possible, while spreading the word to gain more support from people outside our ethnicity. You know....like we are doing now. You have adequately proven nothing. You've just regurgitated debunked right-wing talking points because you haven't done your own research on these topics.

So no. I do not support BLM. An organization that was founded by marxists, and a convicted terrorist. They are in denial about the root source of their problems, which blows their credibility right out of the water.

I guess in your made up world we are a terrorist organization, even though nobody recognizes us as such. Only you and your right-wing friends on Fox. But you know the actual people who hunt, find, stop, and root out terrorism. They all agree we aren't. But then again, from your other posts, you don't listen to experts so Cis La Vis. Just call anything you don't like a terrorist movement. As for the Marxist thing, yeah. We are. Because the American system has failed us completely. So if playing democratically didn't work, and Republicans are just going to keep fighting to keep the status quo. We move to more left-leaning ideologies, because perhaps those systems will work.

Sources:

Nice post. Still doesn't convince me that BLM is anything more than an organization advocating more gimmes for a certain segment of our population.

Ignoring the basic reasons that police treat blacks as they do, is the primary reason I give them no credibility. It is NOT because all cops hate blacks. That's just a non-starter.

I don't watch fox news. I'm not a republican either.... Of course, neither am I a democrat.

The media reports things as they happen? Ok, so, why don't we hear about all those white folks killed by cops? Are you trying to convince me that isn't happening?? I am not disputing that cops kill more blacks by percentage of population, but, you are also ignoring the fact that blacks commit FAR more crime by percentage of the population.

Assigning behavior to me, when you know nothing about me isn't wise either. You make blanket assumptions that are patently untrue. I do my own research, and come to my own conclusions. If my conclusions don't coincide with yours, well, that's just the nature of the beast. We apparently have quite different perspectives on this particular topic.

BLM assumes positions that I simply cannot agree with. Is racism an issue? It certainly is. Are the approach they are taking going to help? Not from where I am sitting. When you make cops afraid to do their jobs, crime rates increase. Baltimore is a shining example of that. Do things need to change? Yes. They most certainly do. But, defunding the police is NOT the answer. Changing perceptions is where it needs to start, and the only folks that can do that, are the black communities, where, in my opinion, the problem starts.

Nice post. Still doesn't convince me that BLM is anything more than an organization advocating more gimmes for a certain segment of our population.

Ignoring the basic reasons that police treat blacks as they do, is the primary reason I give them no credibility. It is NOT because all cops hate blacks. That's just a non-starter.

I don't watch fox news. I'm not a republican either.... Of course, neither am I a democrat.

The media reports things as they happen? Ok, so, why don't we hear about all those white folks killed by cops? Are you trying to convince me that isn't happening?? I am not disputing that cops kill more blacks by percentage of population, but, you are also ignoring the fact that blacks commit FAR more crime by percentage of the population.

Assigning behavior to me, when you know nothing about me isn't wise either. You make blanket assumptions that are patently untrue. I do my own research, and come to my own conclusions. If my conclusions don't coincide with yours, well, that's just the nature of the beast. We apparently have quite different perspectives on this particular topic.

BLM assumes positions that I simply cannot agree with. Is racism an issue? It certainly is. Are the approach they are taking going to help? Not from where I am sitting. When you make cops afraid to do their jobs, crime rates increase. Baltimore is a shining example of that. Do things need to change? Yes. They most certainly do. But, defunding the police is NOT the answer. Changing perceptions is where it needs to start, and the only folks that can do that, are the black communities, where, in my opinion, the problem starts.

Was never trying to convince you, I already made it clear in my other post, that I didn't believe you wanted your mind changed. Your response affirms that. The point of my post was to address your fallacies so that others could do their own research and get a better understanding of things.

I mean, you basically just ignored every thing I said and repeated the same things your said before, all with no understanding of how those things work.

I don't care if you aren't a Republican or watch Fox News, you still regurgitate a lot of their talking points, most if not all of which have already been debunked.

I'm assigning behavior to you based on your actions, because you are right, I don't know you. I only know what you say in public, and what you say, is regurgitating tired Right-Wing republican talking points meant to discredit the BLM movement by hoping their base doesn't research what they actually say. I can't believe you do your own research, because if you did, you wouldn't have been saying the stuff you said earlier. So I call bull on that. It's not a matter of your opinion not coinciding with mine, its the fact that you wave an opinion around as though it is fact, when they've been debunked and discussed to death already. Nobody outside the right-wing bubble take these talking points seriously, so if you actually did do your own research, I recommend looking up more than just what you find on Right-Wing sites.

Was never trying to convince you, I already made it clear in my other post, that I didn't believe you wanted your mind changed. Your response affirms that. The point of my post was to address your fallacies so that others could do their own research and get a better understanding of things.

I mean, you basically just ignored every thing I said and repeated the same things your said before, all with no understanding of how those things work.

I don't care if you aren't a Republican or watch Fox News, you still regurgitate a lot of their talking points, most if not all of which have already been debunked.

I'm assigning behavior to you based on your actions, because you are right, I don't know you. I only know what you say in public, and what you say, is regurgitating tired Right-Wing republican talking points meant to discredit the BLM movement by hoping their base doesn't research what they actually say. I can't believe you do your own research, because if you did, you wouldn't have been saying the stuff you said earlier. So I call bull on that. It's not a matter of your opinion not coinciding with mine, its the fact that you wave an opinion around as though it is fact, when they've been debunked and discussed to death already. Nobody outside the right-wing bubble take these talking points seriously, so if you actually did do your own research, I recommend looking up more than just what you find on Right-Wing sites.

And I see a lot of dem talking points in your post. What's your point??

So let me give you my perspective on what you have to say. That's fair, right?

You have firmly swallowed the BLM lie. You take everything they have to say as the gospel truth, and then go on to denigrate and belittle anyone that disagrees with you. You deny the basic causes of the problems BLM is bringing up. You pick and choose your sources to support your position. (Ok, that doesn't come as a surprise, I do the exact same thing..... :) )

What we have here, in this little corner of the internet, is a microcosm of the world at large. Two VERY different viewpoints on the same issue. This does not come as a surprise either. We are a VERY diverse group here, with folks from all over the world. If we all agreed on everything, I would be flat out stunned. That just isn't going to happen. We can type out our points, and others can accept them, or not.... as in is the case in the world at large. Are we going to change any minds in here? I highly doubt it.

My biggest problem is I am old, and jaded. I have seen a fair bit in my life, and most of it really isn't all that good. There ARE good people out there, from EVERY spectrum of our population. Most folks are middle-of-the-road, and are more than happy to let folks live their lives as they see fit, so long as it doesn't interfere with them living THEIR lives as THEY see fit. When you have one group trying to shove a viewpoint down EVERYONES throat, there IS going to be some pushback. It's simply human nature.

Racism in america IS a problem, I just do not believe that BLM is applying the proper approach to it. (nor is the democratic leaders.....) Nor are they acknowledging the root causes. So long as that remains the case, I will not support them.

BLM - is controlled by and funded by MARXISM ... sorry it is ... Ponder that for 30 seconds.

... Now why is that important? Because Marxist - Communist have 1 thing in common: THEY LIE and / or will twist, fold and mutilate facts beyond realism.

.> NO THIS IS NOT FROM FOX NEWS <.

Second, do you realize just how SMALL and I do mean SMALL the Death by Cops on Blacks is?

..> We are talking 0.09 % of all Police on Black Deaths nation wide.

Actually Police on Whites is HIGHER ( by a little bit ) than Police on Blacks. < - Ponder that for 30 seconds.

So I am sorry - BLM is NOT about "Systemic Police Racial Issues". It is about INFLATING and LYING about the FACTS.

... PLUS - BLM has stated: "IF YOU DO NOT GIVE US OUR DEMANDS ... WE WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN."

That is so "peaceful" and willing to dialog. Give us what we want OR ELSE Death and Destruction.

Do some homework .. which is what I did. Again, I DID NOT GO TO FOX NEWS.

Actually I went to FBI - LOCAL DHS - DHR - and other statistical Keepers / Takers of FACTS not EMO DRIVEN threats.

Now I know this is not what you want to hear / read ... but you need to realize.

Just like China is a COMMUNIST country ...

...... >>> RULE #1 -=- They will lie to get what they want and get you to believe what they want.

MARXISM plays by the same exact rules, THE SAME EXACT RULES.

I suggest you research Marxism and BLM ... there is a very clear and present relationship between the 2.