Forced References + deleting enable parents.

Hiya.

Juust a quick couple of questions, if I may...

Question 1: If I delete an xmarker that is the enable parent of other objects, via script in a quest, will this cause problems? Will it also delete the children? That's fine if it does. In this case it would be better if it did. I could disable and delete the children first.

Question 2: If I disable and then delete a 'Forced reference Alias', does this remove that reference as being persistent in the game save, or not? This has a bearing on question 1. If it removes persistence, I'd really like to delete all the children of the x-marker.

I just like to tidy up, where possible.

Question 1:

"If I delete an xmarker that is the enable parent of other objects, via script in a quest, will this cause problems?"

- No, but the children will remain in the state they were when the xMarker weas deleted.

"Will it also delete the children?"

No.

* 'Enable Parent' has a lot of disadvantages:

- one is that it will not be deleted if its parent is deleted.

- Another one is that actors that have assign an enable parent and they are expected to respawn, they won't.

- Objects that have assign an enable parent can not be disable / enable directly by any other script targeting that object.

* And some others that i'm too lazy right now to go into details.

Question 2:

"If I disable and then delete a 'Forced reference Alias', does this remove that reference as being persistent in the game save, or not?"

- Anything / everything that is deleted (from script), does not longer exists on your 'Next Save' file, after you leave the cell in which the deletion took place.

I hope it helps.

As ever, Maxarturo, you never fail to disappoint.

I hate using forced references, so this sorts it for me. I'll include the children as forced Ref aliases, instead of just the parent. When I want to get rid of them all, I'll first delete the children, then the enable parent. That way I remove all persistent references from the save, which is tidy and doesn't fill up player save files with useless references that are no longer needed!

Tidying up a quest is important to me.

Question 1:
"If I delete an xmarker that is the enable parent of other objects, via script in a quest, will this cause problems?"
- No, but the children will remain in the state they were when the xMarker weas deleted.
No.
- Another one is that actors that have assign an enable parent and they are expected to respawn, they won't.
- Objects that have assign an enable parent can not be disable / enable directly by any other script targeting that object.
Question 2:
"If I disable and then delete a 'Forced reference Alias', does this remove that reference as being persistent in the game save, or not?"
- Anything / everything that is deleted (from script), does not longer exists on your 'Next Save' file, after you leave the cell in which the deletion took place.
I hope it helps.

No it didn't help, you haven't the foggiest idea whatchu talkin' bout and need to gtfo now.

I'm kidding.

(I get a little tired of being so serious around here haha)

Question 1:
No.
Question 2:
I hope it helps.

No it didn't help, you haven't the foggiest idea whatchu talkin' bout and need to gtfo now.

I'm kidding.

(I get a little tired of being so serious around here haha)

I enjoy humor a lot, especially black humor ! (it is very difficult for something to bother me), but watch out with whom you are joking with, the majority of people / modders get easily offended for no reason whatsoever.
Have a pleasent neight my friend.